Need Help with Mitsubishi Megaview VGA

Started by CartCollector, June 08, 2007, 01:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CartCollector

Note: I was unable to find a manual, so if anyone can post a site that has one, please do so.

I bought a Megaview XC-3315 a while ago. It was on Craigslist, so I went to the seller's house. He had his computer hooked up to his PC with a VGA-to-BNC converter, and it worked. When I got it home, I tried plugging my laptop into it with the aforementioned cable, but it wouldn't display the laptop. It displayed composite video though, so I just stuck with that.

Recently, I tried to run my old Windows 98 rig on it. Using the settings that the previous owner left on it, I hooked it up, turned it on, and it showed the boot screens. However, everything white was tinted bright yellow. Also, the monitor showed ANALOG 1: MODE 2 when I turned on the computer. I set it to Mode 1, but it made the screen smaller, so I stuck with Mode 2. After a while, the computer displayed some error message and said it had to be shut down. So I shut it off and disconnected it.

So what am I doing wrong? Each BNC input has a switch (including the syncs) so there are a whole bunch of possibilities there. I also think that maybe the difference between Modes 1 and 2 is that Mode 1 is 30+ kHz while Mode 2 is 15 kHz, so the boot could have ended because the mode it was in wouldn't support Windows. But what about the yellow tinge? Composite and S-Video look fine on it, and my computer looks good on the monitor it came with, so maybe the VGA-BNC cable isn't working right?