do it yourself dex-drive

Started by phreak97, January 09, 2004, 12:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

i built the playsaver, another do it yourself dex drive, with psxge i think it could be better than the memory card captor sakura dex drive that is shown on gamesx..
see this site for all you need to know to build the playsaver..
http://members.aol.com/playsaver/p3.html
another thing which is better i think, is you only have to wire one memory card slot, it does both read and write without changing slots. using psxge it also has a huge variety of supported formats..

taking things even further, seeing i used the slot out of a multi tap i figured i'd make the psx controller port work as a directpad compatable adaptor, i found the playsaver and controller adaptor only share one pin in the printer port and seem to do so quite happily.. i have had no problem with them both working at once.

gamesx admins: check this out if you havnt, is it better than mccs?

NFG

Everything's better than MCCS, it's very very old and was pretty flaky to start.  I posted it 'cause at the time there were no options.  Thanks for the heads up.

atom

Don't laugh but is it possible to save none gamesave data to a memory card?

If it is ill buy psx cards and use them as disks!

How much data is 15 blocks?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

NFG

PSX memory cards are 128k, about 1/8th of a megabyte.  Totally useless for data saving, unless you consider it a fun way to store your PGP keys or something...

atom

hehe darn, i was gonna use it for rom cartridges for my snes computer,
i guess ill go smart media then
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Sunookitsune

Are there any plugins for playstation emulators that can use the memory cards? If not is there a place I can get some source code that can read/write to the memory cards?

range

Is there a way for a do it yourself memorystation or a ps2linker. Any Pinouts out there... goggled for the last days...
Or is there more than just a few wires in these devices. If not, could someone with one of these measure the pinout. would be great.

BTW. I did a dexdrive with an old psone as power supplier. Schematics from http://www.gamesx.com/mccap/ (direct pad pro version, without line 6). Works in MCC sakura but not in PsxGameEdit.

If it would work (i`m running win2k) and PsxGameEdit would support *.xps as stated for the 2002 release there would be no problem loading savegames with homebuilt devices.

anyway great work out there, thanks alot. just discovered the word of modded stuff.

Splynncryth

I've been trying for nearly a month to get info on PS2 memory cards. Interfacing to them is a little more than connecting the wires. You also need to know how to send and recieve data with the mem card.