News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

dual shock 2

Started by gruclef, January 08, 2004, 11:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gruclef

x,square and triangle button doesnt work.but when i pressed the analog button following x,sq or tri botton they start to work.but i have to do this every time i pressed a button.
only circle works without a problem.
(i try a psx controller.it works without a problem)  

Vertigo

Looks like you have a misbehaving decoder chip inside the pad, so I'd say it's all but dead. Open it up and have a look though, there is a small possibility that something small's got in there and is contacting some pins together thus confusing the chip.
Beware that the PS pads are a right pain in the arse taking apart and putting back together though.

phreak97

they arent so hard to take apart.. but when you put it back together, make sure your careful that l2 and r2 are back properly, otherwise you might find they do nothing..

dark_link

hi I am having some trouble with my sony brand ps2 controller,  I am replacing the cord with one from another controller but I found that the broken sony cord has nine wires (red,black,green,brown,orange,yallow,blue,gray,and purple)
the cord that I am replacing it with(from a PELICAN afterglow) has only eight wires (blue,yellow,brown,red,orange,white,green,black) I was wondering if you could find me the wire specs for the sony ps2 controller

thanx

phreak97

try it anyway... ignore purple... i know the controller doesnt need purple and it will not harm the controller to be without it, however i do not know what it does so you can only try it out for yourself

ps: i know it is not needed by the controller as my pc parallel adaptor does not have anything connected to purple and it works fine, check for yourelsf to see what the ps2 thinks of being without it.

dark_link

thanx I'll give it a try

dark_link

I finally figured it out it wasnt the purple it was the gray