Wii on PC LCD monitor?

Started by TransferPak, January 29, 2007, 03:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TransferPak

I have a PAL Wii, and I was wondering if it is possible to convert the RGB signal from te Wii to VGA.

ZDragon

It is possible by using a YUV to VGA converter. Something like this: http://www.x2vga.com/

Well, importing that from US might cost you a bit, but then it should work like a bliss. I guess there's similar stuff in Europe though, maybe just look a bit on google or on eBay.

Remember though that you will *only* be able to play games that support progressive scan (namely, 480p mode) will work with your Wii. For Gamecube and Virtual console games there is only interlaced support (e.g. 480i) and your monitor won't be able to display that.

There's been a few videos around the internet showing people running gamecube games in 480p with the Wii.

Most of them I've seen, the Gamecube mode boots in 480i, but if you have a compatible game, it will switch to 480p.

-Martin-

My Monitor is an older 16:10 monitor, are there any upscalers out there that let you adjust the shape of the picture? As the majority of older 16:10 monitors don't support image resize (Which is a bitch as 16:9 ends up looking 'tall'.)

ZDragon

Did you ever try it? Well for me, I have some black bars with 16:10 on the upper and lower side of my screen but it's hardly noticeable. But I'd also play with a stretched 16:9 image, the difference really isn't *that* big at all. 4:3 stretched on 16:10, *that* looks sucky - but 16:9 stretched is quite okay if you ask me.