GameSX BST? YES or NO

Started by RobIvy64, December 24, 2006, 09:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to see a BST forum added to GameSX?

Yes
17 (94.4%)
No
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

RobIvy64

Lawrence is considering adding this given that there is enough interest from you guys. Personally I think it's a great idea having made a few transactions with members here.

If you want to comment on this please see the other BST thread in the General forum. Thanks!

-Rob
"Console Mods" lurker

FM-77

Sounds like a pretty good idea, although I recommend disabling guests from posting in that board.

RobIvy64

Bump! Come on guys lay down some votes  :ph34r:  
"Console Mods" lurker

kendrick

I gotta say, seven guys in five different countries probably doesn't make for a great commercial operation. :) On the other hand, the lower the numbers the easier a new board will be to moderate. I'm really on the fence still.

-KKC

RobIvy64

QuoteI gotta say, seven guys in five different countries probably doesn't make for a great commercial operation. :) On the other hand, the lower the numbers the easier a new board will be to moderate. I'm really on the fence still.

-KKC
If moderating the forum is an issue, i'd be happy to volunteer my time doing so.

Considering how many members we have here, I think it's safe to assume that 3/4 of them just aren't voting.
"Console Mods" lurker

viletim

It could work.... more useful than that PC hacks forum at least.  

RobIvy64

Can we roll with a test forum Lawrence?
"Console Mods" lurker

RobIvy64

Bump ==>
"Console Mods" lurker

DaveJ-UK

What does BST mean? I'm guessing Buy/Sell/Trade?

RobIvy64

QuoteWhat does BST mean? I'm guessing Buy/Sell/Trade?
Yesh.
"Console Mods" lurker

Drewman21

Yeah it should be done.  It would be nice to work out deals with folks here and do group orders and stuff.  You got my vote.

Matarick

Yes a Buy/Sell/Trade forum would be cool for those guys who can make cables for us noobs and even make a Neobitz powered RGB to Component adapter for RGB to Component gamers.

RobIvy64

Maybe now we can get approval from The Dons.
"Console Mods" lurker

kendrick

Okay, I think I'm won over on this point. That's largely on the strength of all the crap I have surrounding me right now that's specific to modding (components and game peripherals, mostly.) Not interesting to the general public, and the game stores won't buy it, but you guys might want it. I'm sold, so tomorrow morning we all get on Lawrence's porch and sing 'Henry VIII' until he makes a new forum. :)

Be advised, if we do this there'll be rules but no protections. Anybody acts dishonestly or gets ripped off, it's not my fault and it's not Lawrence's. Any deviation from the honor system might cause a BST forum to get closed.

-KKC

viletim

Would it really be worthwhile? Things have slowed down a bit receintly. Maybe, instead of creating even more subdivisions, you should consider combining all the forums into one glorious whole...

NFG

Viletim speaks truth.  The forums have totally died lately, I'm far more tempted to reduce its size, not expand it.