October 21, 2019, 07:08:06 am

News:

Upload your images to this forum!.  The internet can't be trusted.  NFG can.  (probably)

Sharp Cyberstick on Sega Mega drive / Genesis

Started by Jehuty, May 17, 2019, 03:26:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jehuty

I am playing around with an Sharp Cyberstick and found that there are some games on Sega Genesis which have an analog modus.

But i can´t find a wiring Diagramm. The diagramms i found are all to connect a Genesis pad to the X68000 - but i need it reverse.

So a look into the pinout tells me that pins 1-5 (U,D,L,R and +5V) are the same. Theoretical on an Digitalpad. So i need to get GND from pin 9 to 8.

But what is with the other pins ?

First try: 6 - 6, 7 - 8, 8 - 9 (GND) and 9 - 7 - Testet with Galaxy Force II. The Game says Analog Modus in title Screen. But only C as Start button works and Left/Right is changed with Up/Down

Second try: 6 - 7, 7 - 8, 8 - 9 (GND), 6 - 6  (This is the reverse of the 6 Button to X68000 wiring) - Again GFII says analog modus. But this time UP/Down is equal Left/Right at the same Time.

So anyone who build an working Adapter ?

Segasonicfan

Hi,

Do you have access to one of these controllers?  I know that Micomsoft made an analog controller for Sega Genesis but it's hard to come by.  As far as I know, nobody has posted info with schematics or even PCB pictures.

I imagine the analog is encoded similar to the master system trackball and sports paddle type stuff, strobing the clock and dividing the MUX output down into "steps" to essentially make a digital pot.  It's somewhat misleading that these are called "analog controllers" - they are actually more like A/D sticks.

Anyway, if you are willing to take pictures of the circuit board I would be more than happy to help reverse engineer one of these.