Splitting up the RCA signal in to the Four Quadran

Started by NivekPS2, December 26, 2003, 02:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NivekPS2

Is the Title long enough?  Ok, What I want to do is make a little circuit that splits up an RCA signal into the four quadrants and lets each be outputted to a different screen.  For instance, I'm playing my favorite game, TimeSplitters 2 on PS2, four player, each person having a quadrant of the screen.  Now I would like to seperate each of these, partly so we can each have larger screens and partly so that theres not so much peeking.

Ok, I am not very well versed in this video stuff, but am very interested and willing to learn.  I'm in my third year of electrical engineering schooling so i'm not completely inept at circuit building, but not superb at it either.  My question is, can any of you point me in the right dirrection as to what types of things to look into, articles, timers, etc.  If my question seems a bit vauge and undirected please understand that i'm not even quite sure what to ask.  Any help that you can give me would be most appreciated.

Kevin

hemphacker

I don't this it's worth the time or effort required, but If you do, I would think that your best bet would be to figure out the timing of the video signal, and get good at DSP. I would think that the only way to do this is through DSP. I haven't found many sites that explain the timing for different video signals, but if you do find some, please share them. Maybe you could put up a webpage with what you learn.

P.S. for anyone who doesn't know, DSP=Digital Signal Processing

pacmanamcap

Hy,
you need a device which is used for Vidi-Walls, you know, where many Screens work together as one big screen.

These devices split the Videosignal and rework ist as 4, 8, 16, whatever signals.

If you want to do so for yourself:

for the PAL standart:
each line is 64ys long, the visible part is 52ys.
There are 15625 lines per second, and divided through 25frames (50fields) you have 625 lines per frame (half per field).
What makes it a bit difficult:
the fields are divided into lines with numbers 1, 3, 5,...625 and the ones with numbers 2, 4, 6, ... 624.
And of these 625 lines only 575 are visible, 1 to 23 are unvisible, and some from around 600 won�t be displayed too.

Thanks you've gotten ma a bit of a start, and I've found some mopre stuff. I'm well on my way to getting what I want.  One crusial part though is missing, and i'm having trouble finding it.  I need to know the correct timing for the NTSC standard.  Let me clarify, the time from each horizontal pulse to the color burst, how long is the burst, how long untill the crominance(sp?) how long does it last, then how long untill the next horizontal pulse.  If any of you have this info at had please post it, I'm not having much solid luck on google.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

hemphacker

Thanks for the info pacmanamcap. I hadn't thought of that idea with the video wall stuff. I imagine that would work great.

Guest_NivekPS2

QuoteThanks for the info pacmanamcap. I hadn't thought of that idea with the video wall stuff. I imagine that would work great.
yeah, it would work great, except they are really expensive, and what I have found only work in conjunction with a computer, not really what I'm looking for.

Kevin