XRGB2 is overly bright.

Started by RichieB, September 04, 2006, 05:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichieB

On Friday I went and purchased an XRGB2, this is the grey one that has PCB support.

So am I happy with the XRGB2? I am not 100% happy. Most games are glary. Watching Robocods intro with a snow background hurt my eyes. Turning the brightness down helps but to get it to the point where it bearable, its too dark!  

I need to play more, see if I can get something going on. But right now there are too many options that do nothing to rectify my problem.. I will update if I find something new.. and I'd appreciate some feedback..

Thanks.

RichieB

Apparently I need a modification that requires putting a resistor in place inside the cable. (Genesis 2).

If anyone hear can help i'd appreciate it.

viletim!

I don't know much about the RGB2 but I'd assume you'd need to put some resistors in series with your PCB's RGB lines to get it down to the standard level. An arcade video signal is a log 'bigger' than what you'd normaly get from typical game console.

Some games consoles require passive components in series with the RGB lines too. If you make your own RGB cables then take a look at http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/gam...t/gamescart.htm

Theres not only brightness, but also Gamma is adjustable in XRGB2. Have you checked that ?

You need a 75 ohm resistor on each of the R, G and B lines. This will reduce the intensity of the colours to a suitable level.

chaoticjelly

Oops I wasnt logged in  :lol:  

RichieB

Thanks.  I had some 100ohm's lying around and put them in.  Seems to be much better.  I will swap them out for 75's when I get my hands on some.

Thanks very much.