My Super Famicom modifed to play US carts.

Started by grahf, August 19, 2006, 02:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grahf

I had a loose Super Famicom laying around that i picked up cheap a while back. I just took it apart, dremeled the top and cut out the inside of the case a little. Its amazing how much better the Japanese SFC looks than what we got in the US. In my opinion anyhow. Sorry for the shitty pics. You can spy the receivers for the Messiah wireless SNES pads in the pic. For the record they work ok, but are constructed super shitty inside.

I MUST DO THIS TO MINE! Any tips on doing it neatly?

Also, my SFC adapter went missing. I dunno why Nintendo used a different one for the US unit, unless the Japanese one was meant to take an NES adapter. I'd like to check, but I no longer have my unit. NES was 9v and SNES was 10V IIRC.

If so, I wonder if their Virtual Boy Adapter Tap took an NES adapter (or even existed). :D

Also, of note, the NES adapter outputs AC power (the NES rectified it internally).

Guest_replicashooter

True, the US SNES looked hideous in comparison to the elegant Jap/Euro model.

Mod those cordless recievers into the main body to give the console a nice stealth look.

Endymion

I must be weird or something because I think the SFC just looks terrible. It hardly even looks like a game machine in my opinion. For the record this does not mean that I think the SNES looks great either--I don't, but at least it's colour coordinated.

Guest_replicashooter

Quoteat least it's colour coordinated.
...this is the main reason the US one looks so bad.

Scias

What's hooked into the controller ports?

edit: Nevermind.   :rolleyes:  

Endymion

Quoteat least it's colour coordinated.
...this is the main reason the US one looks so bad.
Six of one, half dozen of the other, the SFC looks like a toaster

RobIvy64

Very nice clean looking cut. I've always wanted to do this to a SFC.

If anyone wants to trade a US Mini-SNES for a non-discolored SFC shoot me a PM  :D  
"Console Mods" lurker

Guest_CZroe

QuoteVery nice clean looking cut. I've always wanted to do this to a SFC.

If anyone wants to trade a US Mini-SNES for a non-discolored SFC shoot me a PM  :D
Mine smells more like cigarettes than seemingly possible (how can the Japanese people afford to import this much SMOKE!), but it's not discolored. I don't think the SFC had the discoloration problem. It's the one mentioned earlier as missing the adapter though.

Also, I already have two mini-SNES consoles. I replaced the cart connector in one, so I've even got a "beater."