Previous topic - Next topic

Any girl modders out there?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
7 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 7

kattanFAN

To settle a score between a friend, we want to know if girls love modding game devices.

Will you talk to your boyfriend about nothing but the many un-thought-of uses for the NES's expansion port?

Would you rather read Ben Heckendorn's book while soaking in the tub with a diet soda and scented candles than some trashy romance novel?

Do you spend your Saturday nights turning that old ColecoVision into a brand-new portable?

Then tell us?

NFG

I'd be surprised if we had even two girls here.

kendrick

You're free to poll any way you see fit... But a better way to phrase this would have been 'Are you a girl?' or 'What's your gender?' or something like that. A poll is a numerical measurement, and asking an absolute question like 'Are there girls out there' doesn't really lend itself to gathering good statistics.

But Lawrence is right, there's not likely to be many women in our hobby. Video gamers have skewed male for the last thirty years, and so modders interested in reliving or improving previous game experiences will necessarily tend to be male. Also, in general women have more functional needs than men. Put another way, girls don't generally care how or why the game system works as long as they're entertained, whereas boys get as much entertainment out of the act of adding a digital audio port.

-KKC, doing the math for DTS audio conversion, and concluding that it's best just to play this crap on the Xbox.

Endymion

Which one of you is looking for a date?

kattanFAN

This isn't about finding a date. I'm just trying to prove to myself that the entirety of that 51% of the world's population is more that just Paris Hiltons and Jessica Simpsons and other airheads. I know that many women out there are intelligent and I'm just curious if any of them ever considered modding an old system or controller or whatever.

TJ_Kat

i knew a girl who used to TALK about modding a system, but was way too lazy to actually do it. does that count?

i also know a few girls who like my pretty xbox controllers and want me to do the mods for them =p

atom

My fiance is a video game addict like myself but never ever has appreciated modding let alone wanting to do it herself. Sorry mate, I really dont see this happening.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

mr. newbie

polls by those big wigs always say like 40% of the gaming population is made of women. i'm sure 20% of them are interested in modding in some way. 10% will actually do it and 0% of that 10% will find their way here.

sure my calculations are random but you get the idea.