News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

US Turbo Duo

Started by kripp, June 27, 2006, 10:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kripp

I have finished up my US Turbo Duo import mod and was wondering if the Arcade Card Duo would now work with the arcade CD's? I'm thinking it should, but I thought I would ask before tracking down an Arcade Card Duo.

What do these cards go for these days? $20-30 a reasonable price range?

Thanks.

NFG

If your system plays JP HuCards then yes, an ArcadeCard will work.  Be warned though that they're much more sensitive than normal cards and a flaky mod or convertor will cause it to fail.

kripp

I am glad you mentioned the bit about the flaky mod, I have yet to fine tune my mod and have been having minor issues. When you say that this sort of situation would cause it (Arcade Card Duo) to fail, do you actually mean damage the card and it will no longer work?

Thanks.

Endymion

The most famous issue that Lawrence is alluding to is Sapphire--that game will not work properly with some of the cheaper (think "Barney") converters out there. The Kisado and the "big green diving board" were a couple that were known to work flawlessly. That game would freeze partly through the first stage rendering it pretty much unplayable. (Unless you sucked so bad that you would lose before you made it to that point.)

Nobody ever really nailed down precisely why the crappy converters caused the freeze, I would think that if you just soldered properly and did not use too much wire lengthwise you should be okay. Not every Arcade card had this issue when used with a converter and that's the only one that I recall offhand so this may not affect you even if your handmade mod has problems.

grahf

My arcade card has problems with sapphire if its dirty, and this is in an unmodded Duo-R. Its probably just requires very error free communication. A little dirt or too much resistance in the wires or convertor will cause trouble.