Alien in Video Games.

Started by NFG, December 14, 2003, 04:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

There's an excellent list of games influenced by Alien here.  (our local mirror's here)

Very very good work.  Guy knows a lot of games.  

exodus

First, I'm thinking this is pretty much console-only??  He's got no PC games in there, far's I can tell.

I'm wondering why he omitted the obvious alien vs predator games...perhaps because of their obviousness?  Seems like for completions sake they should be mentioned at least.

[edit]
ah, he links to a page that has all of the alien games on it.  nevermind!

MSTCrow5429

Well, the pictures are nice, but what does it say?  For the benefit of those of us who speak English, to the exclusion of Japanese (I think, just shows up as nonsense characters).

NFG

It actually probably says a lot of things, it's a long page.  Why not run it through a translator?

MSTCrow5429

I did try to run it through a translator, but Google doesn't do Japanese.  Non-Roman alphabets are not something online translators do.

MSTCrow5429

I found a translator at WordLingo.com.  Unfortunately, the text is mostly incoherent, with large sections of it rendered as squares.  Since you are fluent in Japanese, perhaps you could translate it, as your site itself is in English, but links to Japanese pages.

NFG

You're out of your tree, I'm not 'fluent' in anything but English, and oftentimes even that's debatable.

There are lots of online japanese translators, I usually use altavista.

MSTCrow5429

Oh, sorry, I had assumed that you were, it seemed sort of implicit.  I'll run it through AltaVista and see if that is at all intelligible.  Good luck with your English.

exodus