News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

N64 MOD

Started by zydocx, March 28, 2006, 09:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zydocx

First off all sorry for my bad english! I am from Denmark, and my english is terribel!

I see some of you have overclocked your nintendo 64, and i have some questions.

-There is a "metal case" around the mainboard. If i will mount some headsinks onto the cpu, qpy, .... and i cut som holes ind this metal shielding, will this effekt som bad things because of the shielding has holes?

-Can i use (i dont know how to say it in english  :unsure: ) Termisk glue to mount the headsinks to the cpu, ... or will this not hold hven it gets hot?

-Can i get LED-fans in the dimension 40x40mm?

-when i OC the n64, kan i use only one switsh with for example 4 positions instead of 2 switches?

-Where can i connect the fans to inside the n64? (12V, 7V, 5V, Ground, ..)

All for now, i reply when i have more questions ;)

And again... Sorry for my crappy english!

Skyone

Hello!

1. That metal plate is actually a strange (and bad) heatsink. You can put other small heatsinks that you have on the cpu, gpu, and ram. So yes, you can dremel (cut) through the metal case to add heatsinks.

2. "Termisk" glue is called "Thermal" paste/glue in english. It probably can not hold heatsinks down, you might also want to hold it down with screws (somehow) or another glue think Hot Glue to hold the heatsink down.

3. http://www.xoxide.com/40qublledfan.html

That site has some good 40mm LED fans. Look at it.

4. Yes, you can you a multi-position switch to OC. I recommend it!

5. The fan I showed you takes 12v. You can connect 12v and ground to the backside of the N64 board. If you look at the power supply connecter pins on the back of the N64 board, there are 6 pins. Connect/Solder the fans to those pins.

Connect the fan's 12v input to Pin 6.

Connect the fan's GROUND input to Pin 1, Pin 4, OR Pin 5.

Good luck, and ask if you have any more questions!

Guest_zydocx

Thank u very much ;)

My OC is now done, and im about to casemod the n64 :)

I will very soon upload some pictures to my homepage www.konsol.tk. I written a danish guide about n64 oc :)

I get some heatsinks, and arctic silver glue and a 40mm FAN home today,and i will take some pics when im done :)

Guest_zyDocx

Hi.

As i promised i have take some pictures of my work. Tjek it out:

> Guide in Danish <

> The beginning of my casemod - Not finish! <

zork007

hi guys

i was wondering where you got the arctic silver glue?