News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Bonk review

Started by exodus, December 11, 2003, 09:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exodus

I reviewed Bonk's Adventure as well!

Let's fight!!  I stole one of your images and didn't credit you!

I am cool.

Also, if you wanted to give me some unbranded images, I'd love you a whole lot.

NFG

QuoteThe blocks you have to break in order to enter bonus rounds now stand out from the background. In the original, it was all guesswork. But by and large, they?re all in the same places they used to be.

This, like many other things, changes in the tatujin and meijin levels.  The blocks become hidden again, the fruits are a LOT harder to reach - often requiring an enemy bounce - and the bosses become far more difficult to pass.  I'm stuck on level 2, where the boss just 0wnz me again and again.

Funny how precisely your experience with this game mimics mine.  You might as well have just used my review, appended with "Yeah, what he said."  ;)

I'll scare up some screenies for you.  Do you have any specific ones in mind?

exodus

mine has a lot more words in it though :D

and I should mention that tatsujin thing.  I unlocked it, but didn't get to try it out.
Yeah, hell...I think the level two boss is the hardest in the game.  Least on normal mode.

but yeah, I noticed the parallels between the reviews, and almost wish I hadn't read yours first...

Let's see - in terms of screens, I'd love one of:
bonk  in desert with a cactus
bonk bashing through 'secret' blocks
bonk underwater with a 'prop' onscreen
bonk near a gold wheel thingy
and maybe a boss?  Level four sounds good to me.

That'd kick ass :D

NFG

I've got all the shots you requested, except two:
the only 'prop' shot I have is when Bonk's in the stego, so the 'water' is red.  And...  Which boss is 4th stage?  The boxer?

exodus

thanks again for the screenshots!

[edit]
wooooh!!  now they're up!