2 Sega CD consoles not working

Started by siege, January 17, 2006, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

siege

Hi,
I have 2 Sega CD consoles a Model 1, and a model 2.
Neither are powering up or anything.
I've got the original sega power cables for Sega CD, but still no power.
Both Genesis units work fine.
I want to fix these but don't know where to start.
I've searched the net for any info about fixing these babys, but have'nt found much.

I tried to open up my Sega CD Model 1 US last night, and it would'nt come apart easily, with all screws removed it still was being held together by somthing.
I did'nt want to force it and break it.
Any links on troubleshooting dead Sega CD units would be great!

TIA!

kendrick

Do a search for 'Mega CD' and 'fuse' on the GamesX boards, please. A thread from late last year covered what appears to be the most common point of failure for Sega CD units, a tiny PCB-mount fuse that blows out easily if the power input is out of spec. Of course, if your unit powers up but doesn't perform some other function correctly, then we'll need more information before we can be any help.

-KKC, trying not to shop for new gaming stuff until March.

NES-Luke

if they're not powering up at all, it's very likely that fuse. I had the same problem when I got mine, and have since helped a few others with them.

atom

Its a little green blob on the pcb and its not too far away from the power connector. Rip it out and push the two leads together and plug in your original adapter. Make sure its your original adapter because you no longer have a fuse to protect your system! Turns out your Nintendo adpater fits right into the Genesis er... Mega CD. And NES runs off AC electricity. Tricky nintendo, only computer ive seen in my life to run off AC.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN