Pc engine controlles pinout ? (adapt to Jamma ?!)

Started by pro7, January 09, 2006, 11:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pro7

hello to the world  :lol:

except your page http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/turbocont.htm,  there's not even an inch of information on the world wide net about the Pc engine pads !!!!  :(  :unsure:

to use them on a supergun requires more work it's sure ("as" for the megadrive pads),   But i plan and wish to use pc engine hack  on a jamma to play on an arcade machine

i succeeded doing it with Genesis,  (there was some kind of problem about the Ground,   if the jamma biscuit wasn't soldered on EVERY ground :  1,2,27,28 and on reverse),   it would'nt be detected, but on Finale,  all is working good  B)

i tried and tried doing it too for the Pcengine ,  direct hack to the positions (as always it's done on consoles mods to jamma 'without paying top fees on taiwan/hongkong jamma adapters),     the video on Rgb about the Pcengine/Coregrafx mod ?  1/2 hour before i didn't know anything and i succeeded on first attempt.     works very good and very easy  (the informations i saw on another thread  .. threatened me on their complexity when with a lm1881 i couldn't find more easy to work with the results !) ,      
__

BUT apparently i can't figure to find where is the good GROUND pin on the pad !!  (sodipad brend),  they have the "classic" turbo functions i soldered on the default pins (tried the other turbo but doesnt change anything),  and the white old pc engine pads are much worse on hardware aspect  :o

the most i could get are directions :  Down/left/right and Run/button1    but damn why the UP and button2  couldn't come ?    (because the weird fact is... on a Supergun,  ALL BUTTONS WORK  <_<  :huh: )   but when i put on the arcade cabinet,  there's a problem somewhere  because there are missing 3 buttons on total  :angry:

i figured that my cabinet had problems, but it runs good on slot neogeo mvs and the Genesis..   so what could be wrong ?

the first major thing i'd like to get informations is about the  pinout of the pads !   (apparently on the 9 pins of the pad input,   one is for the Ground  but i see that the 3rd on range is not connected to anything except the Ground ?!  (that's the only thing i did not try yet....)   but except that  i assume i have attempted all i could  :(   (even "burning" the pc engine 3 times by different attempts to locate the good ground positions on the pad.. luckily with a strap-on adjusted it's not difficult to change the burned  "fusible" 1A)

sure it's rare that someone gets interested in pc engine pads i figure... none documentation i could find..  (except some pictures of the professionnal hacked pc engine converted to Jamma for arcades business on the past.. and they are huge on electronics  :o )

so you remain my only hope as some "genius" are walking around it seems  :lol:

thanks for reading... ;)  and hoping some chaos answer on this grain of sand !  

genesis :

pcengine :

pro7

it's a WIN  :D

a small video talks better  ;)

http://devil4u1.free.fr/bornenec/bornenec_01.avi   xvid 2mo

a ground point problem,  in the Pc engine i took from the Expansion bus  the ground point,  seemed not enough  ,  tested so today from a big block of ground anywhere  AND it worked  B) ,   4 directions + RUN + 2 buttons fire  (and if pushed long the autofire is coming),  + Select  (but that's the only miss... it's not responding all the time or come crazy),  

so the work is done and my personal 5minutes of glory too :)

NFG

Ah, you crazy French kids and your excessive use of smilies.  =)

Glad you got it working, pro7.

Vertigo

I didn't understand what in great christ he was going on about until I saw the pictures.
So erm... nice work I guess :)
a small video talks better indeed! :ph34r: