News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

32X Strange Noise

Started by Sonic Freak, December 16, 2005, 01:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic Freak

It's not that its broke, just makes a strange noise when I power it up. The noise can only be described as a CD spinning.....although my Mega/Sega CD wasn't connected. The noise seems to be generated near the front of the unit and it works fine other than that  :blink: .

Any ideas whats causing it?

Thanks in advance

kendrick

SF, does this noise only occur when the 32x is connected, or is it also coming out of your Megadrive/Genesis by itself? Also, which model Megadrive is it? There are only a handful of components that would make the noise you're describing, and if you've got an original-issue Megadrive then my money would be on the RF output box. If it's definitely the 32x making the noise, then we may be looking at a power issue. Let us know.

-KKC, doing stupid things with broken Master System boards.

Sonic Freak

Thanks for the reply. The noise it self is almost definatly coming from the 32x itself, as the Megadrive on its own is fine. The Megadrive is actually the model 2 not 1 btw.

Vorde

I have no idea what this could be caused from but my NES does this aswell. I thought it could've been a fuse but it wasn't. Maybe you should check the fuse inside the 32x? :unsure:  
I am the one that hunts you in the darkness...

http://www.surfjunky.com/?r=Vorde