beginner at modding

Started by knarxed, December 05, 2005, 07:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knarxed

My main goal is to build a controller that memorises input's and can play it back later. I plan to build other things before I get to this, to get use to it, but I need a start.

I have no knowledge of microprocessors, the other IC's, how they relate to eachother and how they are programmed, etc etc. I know there are resources online that help you learn your way around it, but I don't know where to start. Tried googling for tutorials but didnt find much.

Is there any resources that you guys know of that I should start with? Thanks.

NFG

When I was looking for primers on microcontroller programming I started with microchip.com.  Their incredibly popular PIC series of devices is perhaps the most commonly used microcontroller, and there are countless examples of code available online.

I didn't get far, I used official docs with command lists to work out proto programs (and had someone skilled check them; I did fairly well apparently) but never actually programmed one.

Keep us posted on your progress, and good luck.

knarxed

DaveJ-UK

You just want to program special moves on street fighter or something right?

There are programmable controllers available that work "out the box". I had one for the Mega Drive. It looks like a Quickshot SNES pad with a small liquid crystal display in the middle.