RGB in Recent Gamecube Model

Started by El Chimpa, June 27, 2005, 04:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Chimpa

Mi Gamecube don�t have the A/V digital port; Is there any way to get the RGB signal from any chip of my gamecube??... I have been searching for a long time in Internet and anybody says nothing about this; I�m really deseperate, because all my game consoles use my RGB monitor and the information about this came from this Web page (1,000,000 thanks for that). There must be somebody that gave me this information, I REALLY REALLY REALLY apreciate this. Sorry the english, i'm from Mexico.

Endymion

In order to get RGB you must do one of two things:

1. Use a PAL Gamecube, or
2. Modify a Component Cable and use it in conjunction with an RGB cable.

You mention that you have a Gamecube that does not have the digital component port, so there is a third step for you:

3. Send your Gamecube to Nintendo. They will install a component port for it and return it to you.

What you need to do is similar to the alteration of the component cable to make it output VGA. You lift a pin inside the component cable's hood to attach it elsewhere via a small resistor. This turns off the component mode and sets it to RGB mode. You then splice the RGB from the component cable in to your SCART cable in place of the already-connected lines. When you are done you will have a Y-shaped cable, oen end to your monitor, the other two both go to the Gamecube. This is the only way to get RGB currently from an NTSC Gamecube. If you search the RGB forum you will find a recent link to a website that shows pictures and instructions on how to alter the component cable for VGA, just make the extra steps to add your SCART RGB cable.