Super Scope NES Adapter.

Started by TJ_Kat, June 27, 2005, 02:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Kat

Would it be possible to make an adapter so you could use the Super Scope on a NES? And if so, how hard would it be? Or would the best solution be to put the guts of a NES Zapper into a Super Scope shell?

Why would I want to do this? Duck Hunt with a bazooka *nods*

phreak97

i dont think you will be able to do this, even swapping the guts would be hard, as the lenses have to be right.

TJ_Kat

since phreak and I already had this discussion, I'm hoping for a second opinion to fill me with optimism... no one else likes the idea of shooting duckies with a bazooka?

Adeptus

I believe for normal controllers, NES & SNES use the same protocol. Don't know if the same applies for lightguns.
Just wire it up for the other plug & try it out! ;)

phreak97

pretty sure the same doesnt apply for light guns, it uses those two pins which are different

NES uses the old "black rectangle on a white background when you shoot" system, snes not. Not possible without complex stuf, wait kevtendo :)

phreak97

you could sacrifice a nes zapper and a super scope, cut the handle off the zapper, stick the rest in the end of the super scope, rewire the trigger to the button, and be done with it.. but i dont like the idea of sacrificing two perfectly good guns to make one horrific inacurate gun. theres going to be hell calibrating it so the eyepiece is accurate to the gun.. theres a reason why the scope games get you to shoot the target before every game