Mooseman's pics

Started by emuman100, June 26, 2005, 05:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emuman100

Does anyone have any of them concerning his RGB NES modifications? I'm going to attempt to modify a NES2 (maybe, if I have the heart) and a regular NES as well.

The regular NES will have the two PPUs on a daughterboard, connected to pin headers (if I can fit the damn thing in there) with the VCC switched between the regular PPU and the RGB PPU. The RGB PPU will have a video amp and output the RGB via BNC/DIN/DB9 and output S-video and composite from the RGB. I'll probably have space issues with the cartridge cassette, but I'll try to figure that out.

If anyone or Markus has these pics, please let me know.

Thanks.

Moosmann

T-Online do no longer support costfree webspace, so that my pics are no longer online at the moment. But the pics come back in the next time.

Please send me an PM with your eMail and I send you the diagram from the RGB Amp.

Bye Markus

NFG

You can also upload your images to this forum so everyone can see them here.

Guest_Rockard

Oohhh... emumann100, I am very interested in your future accomplishments about making the ppus switchable =). Any diagrams made yet?

emuman100

I planned on doing something pretty simple, but possibly not fool or idiot proof. Put 2 48 pin sockets on a small board with pin headers arranged in a DIP pattern to plug into the DIP48 socket I'll have soldered into the NES motherboard. Once socket, which the original PPU goes in will have all it's pins connected to the right pins on the NES motherboard. The other socket with the RGB PPU will be connected to the same pinheaders except composite video won't be connected and the RGB and sync pins will be connected to an amplifier and RGB encoder for S-video, etc. The VCC from the NES motherboard will be on a switch, either supplied to the original or RGB PPU at a time. If it's switched while the power is on and a game is playing, it'll probably lock up. This is why I said it's not fool/idiot proof. Only problem I see is space constraints, I doubt everything will fit very easily. It also might introduce noise problems causing glitches depending how the PCB is made, so bypass capacitors might be required close to each PPU.

Anyone can do it, but it was just my idea, as noise might be a serious problem causing glitching.

Jonathan