wireless snes pads

Started by new_challenger, June 19, 2005, 07:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new_challenger

http://www.playmessiah.com/onlinestore/index.htm

This company have released a series of wireless controllers for the nes and snes, although i am not bothered about wireless capabillities due to battery life etc i was wondering if there would be a way to install the dpad as i prefer the rounded d-pad on to an original snes pad or if it would be possible to fit the pad with a wire, my other main worry was with it not fitting a PAL machine? if have the region lock out 50/60 switch mod but if i remember rightly the pads need the pins switched?

kendrick

Theoretically, there's no reason why you can't tear out the circuitry and leave only the switches, and then wire everything up to a normal wired decoder as found in an NES or SNES controller. The controllers are the same for all regions, so there should be no issue with the use of these things on a console from another country.

Of course, in your shoes I would actually try one of these beasts out before buying it or even modifying it. It looks like the round controller sits on top of normal PCB contacts, meaning that for some people there's no positive feedback for indicating when a direction has actually been pressed. Of course, if it uses clicky microswitches like a Neo Geo controller then this isn't an issue.

-KKC, awash in the majesty of the Shin Megami Tensei saga. Woo!

phreak97

some snes controllers wont work on a pal snes unless you add a couple of resistors.
if you dont have a pal snes, this isnt a problem