Best display possible for console systems?

Started by FlatFeet, November 19, 2003, 10:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatFeet

Hey all,

It was great to find this forum, it seems that you all are in pretty much in the same boat as I am. I'm trying to find the highest quality display for my console game systems (xbox, ps2, gamecube).

I've done a ton of searching and I keep ending up with no definitive answers. I've tried all types of TV's as displays, and I just can't find one I'm satisfied with. I even went out and bought a $5,000 plasma HDTV moniter that I currently have and that was terrible for games (but great for movies!).

I would love to hear anyone's input on what they feel is the best display for current game consoles, for progressive scan, 480i, and HD games.

Thanks!
~Flat

Vertigo

Hello and welcome. Well me personally I have no ability to display HD or anything similar, or any sort of expensive sound, but for your starters I'd heartily recommend RGB wherever you can, which is easiest via SCART if that's accessible to you, or if not I'm sure there are plenty of people around here who can help you.

NFG

Why was your plasma TV unsuitable for games?  The ones I've seen here in Japan seem...  outstanding, at the least.

FlatFeet

The Plasma has a great, clear picture without any movement. But with any kind of movement, there is a ghosting effect that just drives me nuts. It really washes a lot of the colors together and diminishes the quality of the image. I've only had the TV for about a week, so I'm still trying to see if there is someway to cut down on it if at all possible.

Thanks for blessing my post with your presence Lawrence =)

Richter X

I'd recommend a Sony WEGA Flatscreen TV. Unfortunately, the only ones that support RGB are widescreen.