News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Lawrence's Heaven

Started by Akir, June 04, 2005, 02:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akir

Lawrence, I found something interesting that I thought you might like.

First, go to This page from the U.K..

Look at the bottom entry.

It's a PCE Flash kit. There's only two problems; (1)It's $80, and (2) It's from England, so you'll have to give up a limb to ship. Other then that, I believe that this source is trustworthy. It appears that they haved many customers (half of what they offer is out of stock. I really wanted that Treamcast, too).

So what do you think? While you're there, go ahead and get a GP32: I heard they're hecka awesome. (think of it as a portable computer that's also a GBA, and so much more). I reccomend a 166 Mhz BLU (though I don't have one myself).

NFG

I've had a GP32 since release, they're pretty neat though I dislike the joystick rather a lot.

The PCE card is wildly overpriced for a simple microcontroller and flash chip, especially since it doesn't use USB except for power.  Parallel ports suck ass.  Besides that, emulators are more convenient.  Not saying I'd turn one of these down if it was a gift, mind.  =D

Akir

At least with your GP32 you can gave your PCE a lot more portable then the LT.

I really want to get one, but I know that it's going outdated in a while, so I'll just wait for the GP64, or whatever GamePark is coming out with next. Hopefully it'll use Compact flash, too, because of the new Microdrives =^P/