Bloody Ratchet Bit holders

Started by Flash2000, June 04, 2005, 03:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash2000

In this country (UK) Security bits are readily available from a shop called Maplins.
But, in order to get to the screws embeded in the console you have to use a bit holder which allows it to go further but, it gets wider.  In fact, it goes exactly to wide for you to get far enough down  to reach the screws.  Hopefully, i'll get myself a dremel and take about 0.5mm off the sides so it can get far enough down or, just file away a longer screwbit so it can reach down.

atom

If your going to dremel it to use your special screwdriver, why dont you just get out the drill and save some effort?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

phreak97

he's shaving down the socket so the shaft of the screwdriver will fit down the hole.
that's all.

atom

I know, im saying if your going to mame the case anyways, I would just drill out the screw.

viletim

Those short security driver bit sets are pretty useless - if screws arn't recessed then you can attack them with pliars or vice grips, if they are then the bit won't reach. If you have a look around you can buy longer driver bits. They're usualy sold individualy.

phreak97

he is going to take a bit off the sides of the driver, not the hole.
he is not damaging the console

atom