X           D
Sl          Sl
St          St
+5V     +5V
GND    GND

Am I thinking the right way,
or am I totally off?

NFG

Remove all the components and cable, make sure your Common is all connected, then connect the new neo wires where the chips were (or anywhere they'll not interfere) and you're done.

[This post was not edited, nothing was changed, I make no errrors]

LenA

(Removing the pad cable is easy
it's attached on a connector on the back.)

With removing components
do you mean both
4021B IC
?

Since you said "where the chips where".

NFG

Chips are components, yes.  Remove 'em, or they'll confuse the logic when you connect it to a neo.

LenA

I want to make a happy couple,
so I opened an other one.

But this one has got only one IC, it says:
V520B

If I follow the lines, I get this:

My idea is removing the V520B IC
and use those point as solder point.
I'll use +5V and GND on the back.

Will this work?
this layout looks totally different...

NFG

The second one is just two chips combined into one.  The theory is the same, and your plan is a good one.

Vertigo

It's an updated cheaper to make version. You can tell this is most likely by the date on the board.

LenA

I figured that out.
I also figured out I'm wasting controllers (since I can't use them for my SF anymore).
it's a pain in the neck to solder that setup.

So I want to make some sort of converter

idea 1

- I can get SF ports from a second hand multitap
- AES ports are common
- The IC
  I need something to convert signals
  does such an IC exist?

If it exists, what is it called?
Do I need a combination of IC's?

idea2

or maybe I could rewire something in a multitap?
They probably be all be little different in some way,
so I like idea one better.

hemphacker

A single IC like that doesn't exists (to my knowledge). But chips can be programmed to do this (I have a program that will), and I'm trying to figure out how to do this with a few separate chips (counter, latches, and some logic chips), if anyone is interested, since something similar has come up before.

LenA

I'm interested!

I would like to
try to make more controller conversions.

HeartBurn Kid

A better idea would probably be to re-wire the controllers to use the Neo pinout, then use the ICs you salvage to make a Neo->SFC/SNES converter.  It wouldn't be very hard, especially if you can score two of the "one-chip" SFC pads.  And it would save you the work of trying to decode the SFC signals.

hemphacker

SFC as in Super Famicon? You can't use those chips to decode the signal. They only encode it. I was working on a method of doing this without programming a chip for all those who don't know how or don't have access to programmers, but I've been out of town alot and busy. Not to mention that I don't have much motivation since I don't have a need for anything like this. I'm pretty sure I could do it, but I don't want to order the chips to do it, and then not have anything to do with the circuit. Actually I think I might instead just finish the code I started for someone else for this and post it. It's for a Microchip PIC chip (I forget which one), which seems to be the chip of choice for many hobbyists, so hopefully it'll be helpfull to more people.

HeartBurn Kid

You misunderstand what I said.  I was saying to pull the chip and the wires, rewire the pad as a NEO-GEO pad, and then use the chips (along with the original controller wire and a DB15 port from Radio Shack) to make a NEO (pad) -> SNES (console) converter.  This would be the cheapest solution, allowing one to use the pads on the Neo, and then run them through the converter to use them on the SNES.

Essentially, I'm saying to relocate the controller chips outside the pad.

hemphacker

Ok, I understnad now... I hadn't thought of that before...