Saturn resistor value needed...

Started by Darklegion, November 09, 2003, 11:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darklegion

Hello,I blew a resistor in the power supply of my sega saturn a while back and have since lost it somewhere so I can't find out what its value is.It is named "R63" and is directly in front of the power a/c power connecter...the fuse and some variable resistors that look like greencaps are nearby.It is for a model 1 pal saturn,but any saturn should be fine,preferably at least pal though if 240v is running through here so the resistor may be higher on pal systems.Also if anyone has schematics for this(or any video game consoles) that would be infinitely useful.

Thanks
DL

davidleeroth

Well the resistor near the power a/c connecter on my PAL model 1 Saturn is marked as R101.
But you do mean the resistor connected between two points of the white coil (L101 on my board), don't you?
I got a value of 450K from that one.

If have any info about the blue or black components, marked as EM01, EM22 and so on, just before the AV and link cable connectors, I'd sure appreciate it.
I'd imagine they are some kind of interference filters (not sure about the term) but can't figure out any values or part numbers.

Darklegion

No,not the white coil....I'm guessing my power supply is different because it is one of the very few 21 pin model 1 saturns,its also an australian console which could be affecting things.I'll take the resistor value anyway,the fuse will save me if its the wrong value....it sure did when i wire linked that point as a test,blew that wire every which way :)  not really sure how to read the variable resistor values either ...i think there variable resistors but like i said before they really look like caps...they're labeled vr1 and tha1 and writing my morning eyes can't read.. Its the vr1 that looks to be blown,along with r63...

Scared0o0Rabbit

There are several different power supplies out there for the saturn.  I'd suggest taking a picture of yours so that anyone interested in helping can determine if they have hte same power suply as you so they cna test it.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

Darklegion

I found the resistor :) Its a pico fuse by the looks of it,it has 5 bands instead of 4 and is blue.I'll probably work this out but does anyone know which band identifies that it is a pico fuse,i'm guessing it would be one of the bands on the outside,one side is red and the other is green.Resistor values and tolerance only requires 4 bands,so I can't tell which 4 bands to read..