noob JAMMA to SCART question

Started by nez, November 08, 2003, 09:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nez

Hi, another noob here...  :D

I have been using my supergun on a small 14" Philips RGB Monitor with no problems for quite some time, however I now have a place of my own, so the supergun can finally be wired up to my 25" Sanyo SCART TV, however when I do so, I get a rolling picture, the colours and brightness seem fine but the picture is a rolling mess!  :(

Is it my TV, or is there something I can do to correct this.  :huh:

Details:
My SCART lead was wired up with RGB, Video Sync, Ground and +5v (with 100 ohm resistor) to fast blanking.

Vertigo

Are all your GROUNDs attached together and linked to the shielding (pin 21) on the SCART lead?

nez

Thanks for the reply Vertigo...  :)

Only the earths for BLUE, GREEN, RED, and VIDEO GROUND are connected together.  :huh:

So do i need to add FAST BLANKING EARTH and SHIELD to those as well?  

nez

Well i added the grounds anyway, no change, so i stopped looking at the SCART connector and turned my attention to the monitor connector on my supergun...

Turns out I'd mis-wired the SYNC to the wrong pin at the Supergun end of my SCART lead!
No flippin' wonder the screen was rolling all over the place!!! :blink:

Sorry if I've wasted anyones time!

Thanks for the help anyway Vertigo!

I guess next time i should  RTFM  and check my wiring first!

NFG

Always check the wiring first, and remember that Earth is the euro term for Ground, and Shield should always be grounded (or it wouldn't do a good job as a shield).

Vertigo

QuoteTurns out I'd mis-wired the SYNC to the wrong pin at the Supergun end of my SCART lead!
:D
Don't worry, you're definitely not the only one.
Glad you sorted it though, now bust out the MVS carts and play away :)
I have a spare Garou that I could sell you but it's at home and I'm not, so I can't, sorry.

Fix_Metal

QuoteWell i added the grounds anyway, no change, so i stopped looking at the SCART connector and turned my attention to the monitor connector on my supergun...

Turns out I'd mis-wired the SYNC to the wrong pin at the Supergun end of my SCART lead!

Sorry if I've wasted anyones time!

Thanks for the help anyway Vertigo!

I guess next time i should  RTFM  and check my wiring first!
where are you from nez?

nez

Vertigo:
Consider the MVS carts live and kicking!  :D  Metal Slug 2 and Last Blade 2 never looked so good!
Street Fighter Zero 2 got called up as well! Pity about CPS2 boards having a loud fan!  :(
I'd be interested in Garou, let me know when you get back.

Fix_Metal:
I'm from Walsall in the UK  B)

Lawrence:
Yeah tell me about it! It's stupid because I knew the supergun connector was fine because I was using it on my RGB monitor OK, but when i made the lead for the SCART, I just got confused with the H SYNC and V SYNC on my connector! My RGB monitor only requires V SYNC, so HSYNC wasn't connected to anything, hence the problem!!!

Very stupid of me!  <_<

Thanks the help and advice...
I'll try to post some pics of my system soon.

For the record I have:

Jamma:
Street Fighter Zero 2 (Green)
Street Fighter Alpha (Blue)
Street Fighter II World Warrior (Bootleg)
Robocop (Data East Original)

NeoGeo:
Metal Slug 2
Last Blade 2
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown IV
King of Fighters 94
King of Fighters 98
League Bowling
World Heroes 2

Currently after:
R-Type (Jamma)
X-Men vs Street Fighter (CPS2)
SNK vs Capcom: Chaos (Coming to MVS Cart soon! Yay!!)
Garou (Hint Hint Vertigo)

Vertigo

QuoteVertigo:
Consider the MVS carts live and kicking!  :D  Metal Slug 2 and Last Blade 2 never looked so good!
Street Fighter Zero 2 got called up as well! Pity about CPS2 boards having a loud fan!  :(
I'd be interested in Garou, let me know when you get back.
In no particular order, I have these, and sold Alpha 3 because someone offered me 80 quid for it and I was leaving England so I did the deal.

Mortal Kombat 2
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown IV
Neo Drift Out
Thrash Rally
King of Fighters 98: Dream Match Never Ends
Blazing Star
Pulstar
Art of Fighting 2
Fatal Fury 2
Wardner
Fighter's History
Soul Edge version A
Puyo Puyo
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battle
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Garou: Mark of the Wolves

I need some Metal Slug games, SvC,  Samurai Shodown 2 and also some Last Blade action. I *love* KoF98, Garou,  Pulstar and Blazing Star, and Shock Troopers 2 should be called Slowdown Troopers. It's very disappointing. I've only held onto it because it's complete and none of my other carts are coz I'm cheap and get them 2nd hand or off eBay.

Sorry for turning this into a list thread, by the way.

I get back at the end of January, if you can hold out that long. The reason I got two was coz I was bidding on 2 auctions at once coz I just had to have it, and ended up winning both  :rolleyes: