Expansion packs for DS games through GBA port?

Started by Chuplayer, December 22, 2004, 04:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuplayer

This idea has SNESCD and 64DD written all over it. I simply refuse to believe anything will ever come from this. Nintendo will probably remove the GBA part from the DS game cases somewhere down the road to save a little face and a little money.

If these things ever worked, we would've gotten that 64DD thing for Zelda 64, and I know we got Master Quest, and it turned out to be as good as a cart game requiring zero 64DD features, but it was the principle of the thing.

If we must have an expansion, make it a piece of DS software that allows you to play GB/GBC games and has its own link port. I'm still bitter about that one.

atom

Rather then having something that will probably turning out to be awkward like a port, they should have made room for a bay in the back.

Think of any hardware addon... hanging out of the gba port

but your right about the 64dd, it was a joke. It was just Nintendo's "ME TOO!" project, except Sega CD came out sooo long ago. Think about the Famicom Disk system, the satellite, the Super scope, the gamecube network adapter.

They were all good ideas, but never followed through. Nintendo has Adult ADD.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Chuplayer

Well, I could see the GBA cart slot as acting like a bay of sorts, but it didn't have to be a GBA slot. It could've been something different like the expansion ports on the bottoms of the NES and SNES.

And having expansion packs in GBA cart form just doesn't sound very cost-effective.

The Super Scope was cool, though. Battle Clash and Metal Combat were awesome games. I'm so glad my parents managed to find a used one for me for Christmas in the late 90s. At first we thought it was broken because the batteries that were left in there had exploded, but I managed to get it to work. It still works, too.

atom

Yes, battleclash was an excellent game, I loved it. Should have been more titles. Oh yeah, i forgot the SNES mouse.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN