News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Bit of help?

Started by AndyJanson, December 15, 2004, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyJanson

Not exactly a "mod" but I need a lot of help on this. Recently I have been taking apart small systems (mainly GBC) and making my own systems out of them. I decided to take it a step up and now I want to do the same with a ps1 or n64 (now they're both real cheap - $15 each). Unfortunatly I have no idea whatsoever how to do this with the more complex systems. I was wondering if I could get a little help cause I can't find the stuff I need on the net.

NFG

You haven't said anything about what you're trying to do.  There's no way to answer a question as vage as this.  

I suggest you go buy one, open it up and see what's in it.  Then come back and ask your questions. =)

D-Lite

I saw Lawrence responded already so I knew I wouldn't have to.

What exactly does "making my own systems out of them" mean?  

atom

He's probably just making new cases \ controllers for them.

He could make his own motherboard and custom memory map, that would be sweet. Use like the Gameboy Color memory map, throw in a 50mhz z80, throw out the gameboy bios, install your own... set aside some memory for a second controller port, add a couple buttons... use a whole new video chip.......

but probably the first one.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

Sorry, should have made it a bit more clear. I take the useful parts and rewire them, program my own games and put them onto the system. That wasn't very hard for the gameboy cause its a pretty basic system and there a lot of good sites for assistance. I haven't made my own controllers for them yet, just new casing, but I hope to make an altogether new system this time. As I said, I have no experience whatsoever. I need some diagrams, instruction, the works. any links or info would be good. I only have limited resources, I got help for the gameboy from my geography teacher. Cool guy, worked on that kind of stuff. He has no knowlage of the ps1 console though.