ps2 eyetoy alternative?

Started by phreak97, December 12, 2004, 12:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

i found out recently that the ps2 eyetoy is nothing but a d-link usb webcam. and yes, it will work fine on a pc with standard d-link webcam drivers. that is not why i am posting however. im interested in finding an alternative eyetoy. is there anyone out there with a regular d-link pc webcam and a copy of eyetoy-play who wants to plug the webcam into their ps2 and let us all know of the results? to be honest i'd be suprised if it works, but its an interesting experiment.

Adeptus

Don't you get an EyeToy with every EyeToy game anyway?

kendrick

Only on specially marked boxes. And even then, you still can't have it until you finish all your cereal. :)

No really, many Eyetoy game are available by themselves for people who already own one. Because sales of the original Eyetoy and its pack-in game weren't as big as Sony had anticipated, it's probably more logical to conclude that they're packing in the hardware with the software, rather than the other way around. It's not a situation like the Dreamcast microphone, where they were sure that the general public didn't already have one.

-KKC, who's ready to add 802.11b connectivity to his Dreamcast for no particular reason...

phreak97

you definately can buy eyetoy games without the eyetoy, concidering there are a whole range of games which support eyetoy. i have ddr festival (japanese) and ddr extreme (usa) and at least one of them supports eyetoy, i would like to try out the eyetoy games but im over 60% sure i'd probably play them only once, so i dont want to spend the money on a sony eyetoy just yet.

Adeptus

QuoteOnly on specially marked boxes. And even then, you still can't have it until you finish all your cereal. :)
Mmm... crunchy... :D

Actually I saw some in a catalog recently... only about AU$20 difference between the version with & without. I would have thought that was cheaper than most webcams?

(Or is the problem that people don't want the included games?)

phreak97

Quote(Or is the problem that people don't want the included games?)
(i just realized i dont know how to work the quote function properly.. someone tell me?)

thats my problem at least

bcforn64

Quote(Or is the problem that people don't want the included games?)
(i just realized i dont know how to work the quote function properly.. someone tell me?)

thats my problem at least
click the quote button on the upper right hand corner of the post you want to reply to.  B)