Sync on green mishaps

Started by yaen, December 10, 2004, 06:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaen

So I bought the RGB scart  for my saturn, chopped it up and made a set of rca plugs (ntsc tv). I found a sync on green guide and used some parts I had laying around to match, but the condenser (probably) has wiped all green colours from the screen. perfect signal, no distortion etc.. but there is no green so the screen is filled with oh so much pink.
The guide called for a 100uf condenser and a 680e resistor. I know condenser is the old term, but I forgot the new one. Im just wondering if you guys have any part suggestions.  The condenser I found in my bin was a 100uf 10w. I'm gonna drop by my electronics shop to find different ones later.

Oh and I also solved that damn saturn controller problem. well not for analog. It simply dosnt work in win2k, but the 2player digital pad setup is perfect. I figured out the problem while reading through some lil drivers explination.

anyways, help would be appreciated

NFG

Condenser's not an old term, it's an alternate term.  It's still used in Japan and probably some freaky european fiefdoms.

I don't think the capacitor's your problem; it sounds more like a fundamental failure somewhere.  Naturally it's hard to troubleshoot this sort of thing without having access to your schem and your work.  

If it called for a 100uf cap and that's what you used, then unless the cap is faulty I'd suggest it's not the problem here.  Are you sure you put it in the right way?  ;)

BTW: the voltage (not Wattage!) rating of a cap is not important, as long as it's MORE than the required voltage you're fine.  RGB works on .7 - 1v typically, so just about any cap will do.

yaen

sync on green
The guide I followed. Yah I put + to output. There is another guide that says to just ignore everythign before the resistor if its a h/v sync. I think the parts I have are faulty   and just too damn old because ive tried a range of 10v caps 10/ 330/ 50 ive tried a 100/ 23v 100/16v

The resistor gave some weird efects when I tried a 120, made the sides of the sceen brighter haha. I guess its a trip to the ye-old electronics shop tomarrow.
The parts are outa my dad's bin of stuff he bought like 20 years ago hahaha, I stle his soldering wand and other stuff a year ago or so.
To make the caps seem more useless, even without them the picture is really pink.

yaen

I got new parts, still no green, I only get grey scale offa the green line and red+ blue.
Does anyone have a remote clue? I took apart the saturn and tested the green line through the bottom of the mobo to the cable end and there was a strong signal.

Woo, i think i found the problem, the new cap is just too friggen powerful i can only get green if its like 0,0,255 and then its kinda pastely. god bless u brightly colour street fighter menus