News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Metroid Prime 2

Started by atom, November 07, 2004, 03:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atom

Anyone excited for this title? Are you ready to be the first kid at the mall so you can get a copy? Have you laughed at your friend for saving up for his copy of Halo 2?

From what I have seen it looks great. Looks can be decieving, I hope this doesn't turn into another Majora's mask. I think the worst thing that could go wrong with this sequel is if they changed the type of exploration you do. It is key to the game and a drastic change in how you travel could make it suck. This is actually what also happened in Majora's Mask, and has a lot to do with why I didn't love the wind waker. In OoT I liked hopping on a horse and trotting across hyrule to fulfill my quests. I wasn't a big fan of sitting on a boat and looking at water for 15+ minutes. Hopefully Prime 2 won't have a smaller world,  and It would be cool if you got some sort of vehicle, because I do admit the traveling did get a little tiresome in Prime. But then again like I said that might ruin the game, being able to whiz by enemies and avoid platforms altogether. Screw attack looks cool... Sucks that their is no LAN play (sorry warp pipe)... I will kill myself if those dumbasses took time for GBA connectivity and didn't at least put in LAN play

Thanks to all the Halo hype I don't think my EB will be sold out of Prime 2. Thanks to all my babbling you have probably stopped reading this post.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

dhau

I bought this titme to show support for the game, but I still have to finish first Metroid Prime yet.

benzaldehyde

It's excellent, as was its precursor. So little has changed in the experience that it seems more an expansion pack than a sequel. However, considering MP stands the test of time, this isn't so bad. At first, the world may seem smaller, but no worries. The adventure is just as vast as the first.

I don't follow what you mean in the Majora's Mask argument. I liked being able to swim and Goron roll as well as ride Epona. Most people just didn't like it because it skewed a bit harder than most collection simulators of the N64 days. It just required more patience on the part of the player. For some reason, I have trouble finding anyone else who liked it.

But yeah. Sailing. That's got to go. The Wind Waker was great, but I'd have preferred more walking myself.