Saturn video port bottom of PCB pinout

Started by Agentspikey95, January 15, 2004, 01:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentspikey95

Why are you reading this?

NFG

Note: that link doesn't work.  Please feel free to upload that image to this forum.

davidleeroth

*Reads the instructions, self-confidence returned*

NFG

Now see that was just a link to the same dead image.  The forum software allows you to actually upload it to my server where everyone can see it.  Try that.  =)

Agentspikey95

Like this? i donno why it didn't work, maybe my webhost is down again...

Agentspikey95

NFG

Woohoo, it works now!

Would you mind if I put that on gamesx.com?  Are you the creator of the image?

Agentspikey95

Yep, i is, i can spiff it up to make it look more professional if you want, too.

Agentspikey95

QuoteWould you mind if I put that on gamesx.com?
I'd be honored =)

Guest_Jimmy

hi, thanks for the picture, I have a question, could you please explain me how can I solder it to a rca or to a s-video, I need an AV cable for a saturn because I dont have one and of course I cannot play  :P I dont know much about this, please help me, sorry for the grammar errors I don speak english very well

Agentspikey95

Chop up an A/v cable/ cut the wire ends really short where you  cut it, then solder them in. i just tried it, and it was no walk in the park so i suggest you get really thin wires, those stupid Pins are a pain in the !!!

Agentspikey95

I must stress my point again, it's too painful to mess up, i just tries it as i said, and i ended up with the same chunk of solder on 5 of the A/V pins, 3 of the boxy thingys around there and two of the TPxx points... i got it to work once, although i think you'd have better luck putting in a custiom connector , like Scared0o0Rabbit said in your topic.

If you can find a 10-pin mini DIN connector, and wire the chopped up AV cable to the right pins using the saturn AV port pinout on Gamesx.com, you wouldn't even have to open up your saturn and risk my afforementioned problem.

Agentspikey95

Wait a minute, if i took an itty bitty PCB and soldered in a connector of some sorts to use custom connectors and what not, would i lose video quality?

NFG

If your soldering is clean and all your connections are decent any quality loss should be purely academic.  You shouldn't notice any difference, and if you do you've broken something.

Agentspikey95

Oh cool! thanx. more money to save up before that happens though....

Scared0o0Rabbit

This is the side of my saturn:

Edit: I'm probably going to sell this saturn soon, and do up a new one without composite video or a headphone jack on the side.  I did this one quite a while ago, and the insides have way too much wire in there.

If I was to do it again, it'd look MUCH better inside lol.

Feeling Scared? ^_~

Darklegion

Use kynar wire,30AWG for soldering those smallish points.This is often called wrapping wire.And then wire up these wires to some rca cables,or whatever you plan on using.RGB worked fine for me and there was no signal loss through useing this type of wire...well there would be if your going to run it long distances but your not :)

Agentspikey95

Eh, off topic, i was trying to solder in an access LED on my saturn, i melted off two of those little black boxes near r48 and ripped off the PCB pads for those and r48, and i had tinker with the suystem to get the power LED to even come on, even though it was runnin. And, i don't even have means to hook it up to my TV right now, and i don't have any games. Now isn't that just wonderful? i w2ish i could have another use for the already externally mounted LED...

Hey thanks darkleigon, where can i get that wire?