N64 RGB autoswitch?

Started by Cyber Axe, December 04, 2006, 05:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Axe

after all the pullava of importing na ntsc n64 getting ntsc to pal converter cart and finding my damned screw driver ive finally done the n64 rgb mod

my smart scart box detects the rgb signal and swtiches but it doesnt seem to be transmitting the voltage signal that tells the tv to swtich

i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way of applying this to the n64 so it autoswitches

from what i remember theres pink corresponding on the port to one of the scart pins which sends soemtihng liek a 5/9 or 9/12 volt signal and the tv dtects this and switches and then turns itno 4:3/16:9 repsectivly depending on the voltage

only trouble is i dont know which pins to solder on the n64

Barkuti

Hello,

After my recent RGB mod in my PAL machine thanks to Viletim's efforts, I was just wondering the same. I did some research and found this: SNES2 video connector pinout and signals @ pinouts.ru:.
So, the PAL SNES2 outputs +11 V on pin 3. My GameCube autoswitches, so I plugged & powered it. Took a reading on AV port's pin 3 and gotcha! +11 volts baby!

So here I am with my N64 mobo upside down over the table, thinking on taking a cable from some +12 V spot and joining it to pin 3 through a diode in series (for a 0.7 V drop).
I must admit I do not feel completely confident, there's a trace in the circuit for that pin, but ends up in a couple of spots where supposedly a couple of caps should be (but aren't of course).

Wish me luck. :unsure:

Cheers

Barkuti

Maybe a bit late Cyber Axe, but watch this!

S U C C E S S

Cheers

viletim

Pin 3 on PAL SNES is actually 12v +/- about 10%. Mine gives +13v.