okabe

Hello.

Please tell me how about "Genesis cdx".

If I can connect pin 107 of the 315-xxxx chip to GND,
Can this work japanese MEGA-CD cd-rom?

NFG

QuoteIf I can connect pin 107 of the 315-xxxx chip to GND,
Can this work japanese MEGA-CD cd-rom?

I don't know if it works on the CDX, perhaps someone who's done the mod can confirm?  

I've been told there are several models of 315-xxxx chips, not all of them are the same.

Segasonicfan

No, connecting pin 107 (which is the same as the J2 jumper) to ground will not make the system play imports.  There are only 2 ways of playing import Sega CD games on a CDX: 1 is to find the eprom and do an extremely complex bios mod or through an eprom reader/writer.  The other, is to put your Sega CD games in your computer disc drive, rip them to ISO format, and use a conversion program to change the country bios.  There is currently no mod for making an import compatible CDX though, so I suggest you use the ISO method.

-Segasonicfan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)

okabe

QuoteNo, connecting pin 107 (which is the same as the J2 jumper) to ground will not make the system play imports.  There are only 2 ways of playing import Sega CD games on a CDX: 1 is to find the eprom and do an extremely complex bios mod or through an eprom reader/writer.  The other, is to put your Sega CD games in your computer disc drive, rip them to ISO format, and use a conversion program to change the country bios.  There is currently no mod for making an import compatible CDX though, so I suggest you use the ISO method.

-Segasonicfan
Thanks for replying everyone.

By the way...
Can BIOS of import SEGACD(2) be used for CDX?
Are Bios of CDX and SEGACD(2) same?

Segasonicfan

From what ive read sega changed the bios many times over the Sega CD models.  I doubt the Sega CD 2 bios would work, but I suppose it's possible.  I highly doubt they are the same though.  If memory serves they have entirely different eprom chips.

-Segasonicfan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)