NEO GEO CD SYSTEM :(

Started by FLoPP, September 23, 2004, 06:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLoPP

hi! i just bought a ngcd system from japan, but it just wont start up! the led is flashing, but nothing else happens (the cd drive does not try to read any cd, just nothing but the led works.). Since i live in europe, i did not use the delivered power supply (noepow-jp) as it is for 100V only... <_<

Can anyone help me =? Some technical information about the neo geo would be nice, etc. It would also be helpful if any 1 would post his detected/gaged output of the power supply. I used 5V 10V and ground for this ngcd, since i read the description on the original power supply!

Thx for any1 trying to help me!

FLoPp ;)  

D-Lite

YOU MUST USE THE ORIGINAL POWER SUPPLY.  Neo Geo systems, especially the CD system, are particularly finnicky when it comes to PSU.  Please plug it back in and use a step-down converter.  Before you completely screw it up!

FLoPP

ah Sorry i just forgot that i modded the ngcd with the import mod and the 60/50 Hz mod as shown on gameSX-,- all things were done properly and carefully, sofar, nothing should have been damaged.,.

D-Lite

Quoteah Sorry i just forgot that i modded the ngcd with the import mod and the 60/50 Hz mod as shown on gameSX-,- all things were done properly and carefully, sofar, nothing should have been damaged.,.
Did you test the system before you modded it?

thx D-Lite! but it just should work! i produced (with my selfmade power supply unit) EXACTLY the same working voltage / current as it is WRITTEN on the original japanese power supply! why should SNK lie =???

FLoPP

hmm :unsure:  :unsure:  damn.,. i forgot to test it bevore i tried this-,- but i have no ntsc screens-,- it would be useless if i did not mod it 2 ntsc!

D-Lite

Wouldn't you still see an image, just rolling, if it were NTSC?  

Also, REGISTER.

Guest_FLopp

i just registered, but i cannot post a reply .(
you r right d-lite, but things done cant be undone! maybe ill unmod my ngcd and use the original configuration-,-  

FLoPP

ah, just had 2 validate my email.)