Convert componet video to s-video?

Started by darcsyde, September 16, 2004, 11:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darcsyde

Anyone know how I could convert componet video (Y, Pb Cb, Pr Cr) to an S-video conector? This is the only adapter I could find but I would rather save $ and make my own.

Aidan

As far as I'm aware, there's no "passive" way to convert component video into s-video or composite video. Doing the conversion requires a bunch of active components (AKA, a box of tricks) to generate the required signalling.

That would mean that the cable you've found will not do the job, and is intended to fit some other purpose.
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

atom

Just curious, but why? I cant imagine something having component and not s-video. Are you sure that cable you showed doesnt do the opposite conversion?
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

darcsyde

My Sony Home Theater System doesn't have a S-video out, only component video and composite (yellow RCA plug) out. That's why I would like a adapter, my TV only accepts S-video and composite

atom

Well thats amazing, leave it up to sony. Brother, unless you have color bleeding problems, id seriously just go with composite, S-VIDEO isnt THAT much better then composite. (Especially if the S-VID cable isn't shielded.)
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

QuoteWell thats amazing, leave it up to sony. Brother, unless you have color bleeding problems, id seriously just go with composite, S-VIDEO isnt THAT much better then composite. (Especially if the S-VID cable isn't shielded.)
yeah, but Color bleed isn't the major killer, it's the Dot Crawl.