Duo-R SCART

Started by schmeetz, October 16, 2003, 07:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schmeetz

Hello everyone,

my first topic, and I'll dive right in: I've been wanting to make an RGB mod for my Duo for some time now, on account of its horrible standard output. I've been looking at the schematic for that on the site, and there's a few things I can't figure out/am not sure about. Forgive me if I'm asking for the obvious, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1. Since I can use pin 44 from the Hu6260 chip, I don't need a LM1881 circuit. Correct?

2. I'm going for SCART, since I live in Europe and they're readily available. Does anybody know if a female scart would fit inside the Duo? or would I be better off with a DB9 on the inside and a special cable?

3. I take the 4 pins from the chip, and the 2 audios from the AV port, but can I use the AV port GND for both the Audio GND (4) and the Fast Video Blanking GND (18)? And where do I take the Fast Video Blanking pin (16) from?

Okay, let's say I have all of this (not forgetting the 100 Ohm resistor for #16), is it...

4. ...imperative that I get the amplifyer?

I can solder, that's no problem, but I have no fricking clue what that amplifyer schematic is all about, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I need it to get a clear picture. Am I out of my league here, or can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

matt

1 - yes
2 - no, use a smaller connector
3 - use the same ground for everything, and +5v through a 75ohm resistor for blanking
4 - yes - research a bit and you'll find the schematic is easy to read

schmeetz

Thanks, Matt.

I really have no technical reading experience whatsoever, but I'll see what I can find.