TV service menus and adjustments

Started by Darkman, August 08, 2004, 06:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkman

Hi,

I had a few problems with picture position and geometry on my old-but-gold Toshiba 2812DS TV. After a ridiculously long search I found out how to get into the service menu.
But, that's not even half of the problem. In a service menu everything is marked in weird acronyms, so that only qualified repairmen could tweak the parameters (or so I was told). I was able to work out the codes for the required picture position and geometry adjustments. But after the adjustments I see that the convergence is a bit off.
Do any of you, by slightest chance know the codes for old Toshiba TVs, or know somebody who knows? Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. What is "linearity"?
P.P.S. Why am I bothering? Because this is my one and only RGB "gaming TV" :D.

Darkman

Darklegion

First of all,you should have wrote down all the original codes,and then you  would not be having this problem :rolleyes: :D
Secondly you'd be better of looking around at one of the many tv repair forums around,service menu discussions are quite common.You could also have a good dig around the net for a service manual for your tv,this may contain info on this if it is detailed enough.You could also google for these acronyms,I'm sure there is info around.

Zaarin

Linearity is the height of the pixels I think. When I try to tweak it, parts of the picture gets stretched. Btw, on Grundig TVs, the service menu is under advanced options but you have to input a code (8500) to use it. Nice way to make the customers angry :)

Vertigo

I can't get into the service menu on my Panasonic.
I've tried the generic one, bass down treble up and hold index while power on (or similar) and also the one where you ground the point SRVC on the main board but neither of these works.
Model is a 32 inch version of the TX-28CK1, which I can't actually find anywhere.
Does anyone know of an alternative that would work?