News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

CDX import mod!

Started by Segasonicfan, July 22, 2004, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segasonicfan

Hey guys,
 using GameSX's wonderful Genny mod info I have discovered the cartridge jumpers on the CDX to modify the system to play Genesis games.  This mod is surprisingly easy assuming you can open up this guy CAREFULLY.  The jumpers are labelled JP 1,JP2,JP3, and JP4 and are located under the first (top) PCB to the far right (after you've flipped it over).  JP 4 is 60hz, JP 3 is 50hz, JP 2 is US, and JP one is Japan.  :)

-Segasonicfan
MY WEBSITE: https://segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
I design PCBs for retro game systems :)

NFG

Hah!  good work, son!  I couldn't find those last time I looked.  When I get my camera back on Saturday I'll tear into one and see if I can't get some pictures of them.

Guest_Segasonicfan

hey np...I could take the pics if you like and email them to you.  You wouldn't happen to know where the eprom is in this thing would you?

-Segasonicfan

Aidan

Take some pics and we could always see if we could spot it. I don't know how (or even if) they combined the systems.

The original Genesis/Sega cd combo had two processors in the Genesis and one in the Sega CD. It's possible that they might have integrated some of that onto a single chip, but I really am just guessing here, having never seen the inside of a CDX
[ Not an authoritive source of information. ]

gundamalpha

Thanks for your info and I'm now able to locate those jumpers. Can anyone tell me how to change the jumpers? I have a Multi Mega with jumpers on JP2 and JP3, I wish tha switch it to 60Hz mode, but don't have any clue on how to do it.. :(