Daimakaimura (Ghouls n Ghosts) MIDI error (and other games)

Started by bobrocks95, October 21, 2024, 01:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrocks95

I have an Etarikashikoshi 8MB Memory + MIDI board that I'm assuming is the problem here, but there's a decent chance I have something configured wrong as well. (https://t.co/03GyWvUvW9)

Here is the error that Daimakaimura shows after selecting external for the sound source option, both with a SCSI2SD and with original floppies:

My kanji remains terrible but "There was an error ($0018). Please reset" should be all the help that offers. ($0018) is very likely a memory address, but willing to bet it just maps to the address MIDI cards use.

Anyone able to test this out or knows they've gotten Daimakaimura running fine with their MIDI card? Another game that's had issues that I've tried was Etoille Princess, which let you select MIDI (Board) but then controller input stopped working.

Interestingly my results for both games also line up with some findings for the MiSTer FPGA emulation platform- https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?p=71298&sid=e116ed7fa5d686d028015f53c6616bdc#p71298

rezb1t

Both Daimakaimura and Etoile Princesse work perfectly with my aje_fr 8MB RAM + MIDI board. Sounds like a bug with the Etarikashikoshi.

bobrocks95

Quote from: rezb1t on October 21, 2024, 03:02:26 PMBoth Daimakaimura and Etoile Princesse work perfectly with my aje_fr 8MB RAM + MIDI board. Sounds like a bug with the Etarikashikoshi.

Thanks! Pretty disappointed in this board so far, I'm at like 4/6 games tested so far working with MIDI output, and even if there is a fix I don't believe it's user-updatable...

Guess I will run through everything MIDI I can and do the guy's testing work for him, would think Daimakaimura would be a pretty popular title to test with....

z964

I had this same problem just today with a different midi board, and was able to solve it by toggling the IRQ selection switch on my board.  I don't suppose your board has one of those?

rezb1t

Quote from: z964 on October 21, 2024, 03:55:15 PMI had this same problem just today with a different midi board, and was able to solve it by toggling the IRQ selection switch on my board.  I don't suppose your board has one of those?
Good point! Looks like the Etarikashikoshi does have a way to set the IRQ via jumpers. It's definitely worth a shot.

I ordered an Etarikashikoshi from the latest batch so I'll report back when I receive it.

BlackVega

Does that mean these boards have wrong IRQ set by default in the factory? Strange