X68K CZ600 + Gotek =Total headheache for a noob

Started by MTD, August 14, 2024, 02:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazin

@MTD

You're getting SASI unit on the SxSI loader because the parameter HD_MAX is set to 1 in the IPL (aka "switch.x"), go back there and set HD_MAX = 0.

This HD_MAX is the number of SASI drives you have on your computer, which should be none, zero.

If your virtual HDD on the BlueSCSI is like HD00_512_MTDsHDD.blah it'll never get loaded. So open switch.x, set HD_MAX to 0, save to SRAM, POWER OFF the BlueSCSI (if it's a V2), power it back on, and restart the X68000.

I really recommend a BlueSCSI V1 with ArdSCSIno-stm32 firmware instead of BlueSCSI V2 on SASI+SxSI machines...

MTD

Thanks guys. Yes, as i posted before i figured out that by reading some of your posts here

QuoteAt this point i must suppose my BlueSCSIv2 Centronics must be the culprit...
after some usual online browsing i have found that some people recommend to use Switch and change the setting for "HD MAX" from 1 to 0.

Infact, when my system is set to 0 i got SCSI UNIT at ID0 but unable to boot, when is set to 1 i got the IPL BOOT all the time but i cannot get LHES to show after that.

All tho my unit still goes into a black screen after "IPL BOOT" and i'm not able to see LHES at all. I might be trying with a shorter cable (i'm using an usual micro usb cable from an old phone, usual 1/1.5m long) or trying the 5Vmod directly into the socket as i saw someone did here aswell.

MTD

Ok so, i just convinced myself for the 5V mod on the internal centronics connector.
It works fine, when i flip the switch on the back of the x68k the BlueSCSI turns itself on.
Looks like is working just fine.

Guess what then? Nothing changed. Hell.. i even connect again a micro-usb cable thinking it might helped with some power juice... no, it didn't.

After IPL BOOT the bluescsi blue light blinks twice and then i got a black screen, as usual. I'm not conviced this is a power issue, it must be something else but god knows what after all of this.
Maybe all my copy command.x/formatting/bootsel/copyall following these very shortly guides did something wrong on my unit.

aotta

Quote from: MTD on September 06, 2024, 07:42:15 PMMaybe all my copy command.x/formatting/bootsel/copyall following these very shortly guides did something wrong on my unit.
But you don't have to do any command!
just put a fresh copy of hds image v.4 in your sdcard, remove any gotek, use the bluescsi.ini i already posted and try with that configuration, it works fine with bluescsi2 desktop version, don't know for centronics if there's something particular with it, i left the floor who has it

MTD

Quote from: aotta on September 06, 2024, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: MTD on September 06, 2024, 07:42:15 PMMaybe all my copy command.x/formatting/bootsel/copyall following these very shortly guides did something wrong on my unit.
But you don't have to do any command!
I know, but i did that before (many times) and i might corrupted something or maybe else