Problem with the PS one LCD screen

Started by sonikkuGBA, July 02, 2004, 08:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonikkuGBA

I came here because of someone from the gameFAQs forums, who told me to, since i'll get better answers.

My lcd screen is not working right. I bought it new back in April of this year.  It came with my Playstation One.  It was working fine until now.  Now, the whole screen has weird colors when turned on, and the image has green streaks everywhere.  This happens when I connected it to the PSone. But the thing is, it's fine when I connect another device to it through the A/V-in mini jack on the back, and it's perfectly fine.  
    I called up customer support (Sony/Playstation), and they said that they can't do anything about it because they don't answer questions on that.  I don't think that's true, because why would it have a serial number on the LCD screen, and why does it say in the instruction manual that if there's a problem with the screen, call the customer service?  
    For now, I have to connect my PSone to the LCD screen through cables connecting the A/V-out port of the screen to the A/V-in jack.  It's ridiculous, and I don't want to put up with that!
    I don't know what to do.  I want to open up the connections portion of the screen and try to fix it, but I don't want to void whatever warranty there is or mess it up completely, especially since I don't know how I'm going to fix it.  I don't want to buy a new one, like the Cust. Support told me to, and I don't want to have these cables permanently there...  I'm going to call Cust. Support again, and try again, but if that doesn't work, then I'll really need help.

sorry for the long post and thanks.

Chuplayer

So let me get this straight. You called customer service after you  RTFM  and they told you they don't support the screen anymore?

Fuck Sony.

Anyway, I can't really give a solution since I don't have one of those myself, but I've got an idea. I'll assume the screen portion has a part that connects to the AV multi-out of your PSone. Maybe you jostled it and damaged it. The AV-in ports on the screen work, so that's what leads me to believe the multi-out plug on the screen is damaged.

Or it could be, and probably is, a problem dealing with bad voltage or some crap that I don't understand as well. Who knows? Not me, that's for sure.