your suggestion on 2 ram boards installation

Started by Max, August 13, 2024, 03:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max

Hi mates,

I own a Pro II with already an expansion 2mb ram board for a total of 4mb that I removed to fit in successfully the  Edu Arana 8 mb ram board (which I actually suggest you buying if you need more ram).
So my total currently is 10mb Now, my doubt is: I followed Edu's tip so not to cause any conflict with 2 ram boards installed but maybe some of you out there had just experienced that and can confirm me that the choice to leave one out is really wise. Since I do not want to cause any damage or mulfunction to my little baby, I will be waiting for your good opinion. It's just splitting hairs and I am happy this way but never say never if it's possibile I will go for a total of 12mb adding my former 2mb ram board.
Thanks in advance to everybody
Cheers

incrediblehark

I have a Pro that maxes out at 10mb, I found out from neko68k that older models have an ipl bug that doesn't allow for more ram than that. Not sure what the pro ii supports but you might be at max capacity without using a custom bios.

I'm also not sure how the edu arana board addresses ram, but if it assumes 2mb installed then it might not work right with 4 anyway. I don't think you'll be missing out on much with the 10mb.

LowDefAl

QuoteI own a Pro II with already an expansion 2mb ram board for a total of 4mb
Just to confirm, you have a 1mb ram expansion in the dedicated slot? Since the Pro models bizarrely only come with 1mb from the factory and most memory expansions only address higher than 2mb we need to clarify this.

Max

thanks both guys, my Pro II came with already a 1+1 mb so to be ready to update it, then I bought a 2mb ram board for a total of 4mb. Anyway it was just a curiosity since I know that 10mb total is actually enough for any game all around. I'll sell this 2mb ram board for those you might need more ram on their "baby".

Cheers