News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

OSSC Pro and X68000

Started by darkwitchclaire, December 02, 2023, 04:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwitchclaire

I recently got an OSSC Pro which works great for everything I've tried with it, except when I plug in my X68000 it won't display to my monitors. I've tried switching to scaler mode and playing around with the timings but nothing seems to work. Has anyone gotten the OSSC (original or Pro) to work with the X68000 and if so what settings did you use?

3rdman01

My x68K works wonderfully through my (standard) OSSC...having said that, my OSSC doesn't scale like the pro version apparently does and it only works on a handful of monitors that I've tested it on. Right now, its hooked up to a cheapo Acer that miraculously works with every resolution and timing I've thrown at it. I'd guess that your monitor is simply not compatible...Have you tried another? CRTs can be a bit more forgiving.

darkwitchclaire

I have an Acer monitor just like that, despite being a cheap IPS from 2015 it displays 31khz fine but at the wrong aspect ratio. I tried adjusting the timings and switching to DVI output but nothing would show on any of my monitors or my capture card. Could just be an issue with the particular computer I have.

darkwitchclaire

Asked on the OSSC support forums and was told the pro has a problem with some sync signals that the original didn't have. Got a VGA2SCART and it works fine now.

trixster

Standard Ossc here, works great with the XVI. I used to run it into a dell 2001fp and that was fine with all resolutions with no aspect ratio issues. I now run it into a 17" crt via the ossc and that's fine too at 15 and 31khz thanks to the ossc.