SxSI-SCSI HDD Image v2.20

Started by incrediblehark, June 16, 2023, 01:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like the next release to be sorted by genre instead of alphabetically?

Yes
9 (69.2%)
No
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 27, 2023, 12:33:41 AM

spectreman

Moving games is simple:

When the program launches, it will ask you to select the desired image.
Open the .HDS or .IMA image.
Select the Human68k HDD SCISI profile.
The games are all found inside the Games folders, in the case of the image X68000_V4.HDS (Released by Eidis).

You can open multiple images at the same time, by starting the program again, and drag the folders wherever you want, even directly into other HDD images.
But without editing some .BAT files will not boot.

Always test with the emulator before trying them on real hardware.

In the case of the HDD image released by incrediblehark, the situation is different, with the emulator you have to move between the different partitions, as indicated previously.
Then press the HELP key on the emulator's virtual keyboard, just before the emulated image starts.
Only after selecting the partition with the emulator will it be possible to view the contents with the editdisk.exe program.

Below is the link to the program:
https://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013937/editdisk/editd169e.rar

Good fun.

Gravedigger

THANKS ! I'll try !   I will come back with the results

ateam

Quote from: spectreman on May 29, 2024, 07:38:25 AMTry changing controller.

Quote from: spectreman on May 29, 2024, 07:38:25 AMI've noticed that Star Trader crashes when my Cyber Stick is set to analog.
Maybe it could be due to the type of controller he connected to his Expert.

I've tried with an FMT Marty pad, as well as a Mega Drive pad in both 2 and 6 button mode using the CPA-001 adapter from Capcom. The crash occurs with both. I have no other controllers to test.

Thanks for the advice, though.

How strange...

incrediblehark

Quote from: kanjiology on May 28, 2024, 11:58:47 PMHaving trouble loading any of the Street Fighters on a PRO using BlueSCSI V2.

I received my molex cable adapter today, so i just installed my BlueSCSI V2 in my Pro. Tested Street Fighter II and Super Street Fighter II with no issues. Running the latest firmware (updated before installing) and set Termination ON with device set to HD0

kanjiology

Thank you, I will give it a try.

Gravedigger

Quote from: spectreman on May 29, 2024, 11:55:56 PMMoving games is simple:

When the program launches, it will ask you to select the desired image.
Open the .HDS or .IMA image.
Select the Human68k HDD SCISI profile.
The games are all found inside the Games folders, in the case of the image X68000_V4.HDS (Released by Eidis).

You can open multiple images at the same time, by starting the program again, and drag the folders wherever you want, even directly into other HDD images.
But without editing some .BAT files will not boot.

Always test with the emulator before trying them on real hardware.

In the case of the HDD image released by incrediblehark, the situation is different, with the emulator you have to move between the different partitions, as indicated previously.
Then press the HELP key on the emulator's virtual keyboard, just before the emulated image starts.
Only after selecting the partition with the emulator will it be possible to view the contents with the editdisk.exe program.

Below is the link to the program:
https://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013937/editdisk/editd169e.rar

Good fun.

I managed, thanks to your instructions, to put the Game folder with the game in it on partition C. I will try it later with the emulator if the game makes the error of "the military base ".  (EDIT : That s working !)

By the way, can't we, instead of putting the game folder in partition C, put the game folder in partition D in place of the old one?

spectreman

If you place the game Die Bahnwelt in partition D: it will crash, but you can still try...

Some games work better on the primary partition inside the Games folder, they are more stable and faster to load.

spectreman

@ateam was worth a try...

I had a lot of problems with some games that used the Cyber Stick, or Mega Drive controller adapters with HDD image, for example Knight Arms.

You can try replacing your version of Star Trader with the Eidis version: https://nfggames.com/X68000/Music/Eidis/X68000.zip as I explained in my guide, previously.

leonk

Got an OG X68K with 10MB of RAM and SCSI2SD 5.1.  For some reason, the system hangs on the image you added in autoexec.bat.  When I REM out "PIC BOOT.PIC" the system then works and boots into LHES correctly.

Anyone else got this issue on real hardware using the 2.20 image?

leonk

Still playing around with this image. Any reason why in "normal" mode, Castlevania is in 15khz? The default is 31khz and is a better experience. Argg.. it asks me if I want 15khz mode, but it's above the visible area.  I looked at the !Start.bat file to see that and press 'N' for 31khz mode on my PC monitor.

incrediblehark

Quote from: leonk on June 21, 2024, 10:54:40 AMStill playing around with this image. Any reason why in "normal" mode, Castlevania is in 15khz? The default is 31khz and is a better experience. Argg.. it asks me if I want 15khz mode, but it's above the visible area.  I looked at the !Start.bat file to see that and press 'N' for 31khz mode on my PC monitor.

Thanks for the info! I'll adjust the message down to compensate for overscan. There's a lot of games on there that have messages like this, notably the Wolf Team games that ask to hold the touroku key to enable MIDI. I'm working on v3.00 right now and will see about making these messages more visible.

As for the PIC issue - I'm not sure what the problem is there. I have tested on XVI and PRO using SCSI2SD and BlueSCSI with no issues. When you say it hangs, do you mean the system will not boot up at all when you reach that point? If it just takes a long time you can adjust SLEEP number to compensate. Of course this is all just cosmetic anyway ;)

HIggy

Quote from: leonk on June 21, 2024, 10:28:54 AMGot an OG X68K with 10MB of RAM and SCSI2SD 5.1.  For some reason, the system hangs on the image you added in autoexec.bat.  When I REM out "PIC BOOT.PIC" the system then works and boots into LHES correctly.

Anyone else got this issue on real hardware using the 2.20 image?

I've tested on 2x OG 10MB BlueSCSI V1 and the picture stays on screen for a few seconds as intended. I would not say it hangs. 

leonk

I've had it sit for over a minute. I then press buttons on the keyboard until I see an "Abort, Ignore, .." message. I press 'A' and LHES loads. This is an OG X68K with 10Mb of memory; tested with SCSI2SD 5.1 and ZuluSCSI - both behave the same way. I REM the image out from AUTOEXEC.BAT and LHES loads right away during boot-up and games work great.

leonk

Quote from: HIggy on June 21, 2024, 05:31:07 PMI've tested on 2x OG 10MB BlueSCSI V1 and the picture stays on screen for a few seconds as intended. I would not say it hangs.

Did you do any modifications in the CONFIG.SYS? I tried changing to FLOAT3.X but I get error messages about missing floating point when I try to see the video in the Multimedia folder or play any music songs. So I switched to FLOAT2.X and it works fine.

I've tested on 2x OG 10MB BlueSCSI V1 and the picture stays on screen for a few seconds as intended. I would not say it hangs. 

incrediblehark

Quote from: leonk on June 21, 2024, 10:01:59 PM
Quote from: HIggy on June 21, 2024, 05:31:07 PMI've tested on 2x OG 10MB BlueSCSI V1 and the picture stays on screen for a few seconds as intended. I would not say it hangs.

Did you do any modifications in the CONFIG.SYS? I tried changing to FLOAT3.X but I get error messages about missing floating point when I try to see the video in the Multimedia folder or play any music songs. So I switched to FLOAT2.X and it works fine.

Hmm interesting. I have not had it hang for that long with the picture. As I haven't experienced it I can't really troubleshoot much. I'm glad disabling it is a quick fix but if others experience the same issues I may need to REM it out by default unfortunately.

FLOAT3.X is if you have a co-processor installed. If you don't have the physical hardware you'll get an error on boot, and should stick with FLOAT2.X

I'll check the multimedia folder. If the video requires hardware FPU I'll add a note to it.