BlueSCSI V2 - works with SASI but with issues.

Started by HIggy, February 20, 2023, 06:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spectreman

Quote from: incrediblehark on June 02, 2024, 09:51:56 AM@kanjiology, did the recent update fix any of your problems?

Also, does anyone know how to get the HDD led to work with X68000 and the BlueSCSI desktop version?
Is the flat cable you purchased a rainbow colored 20 PIN, with a red wire sticking out?

If so, you must connect the red wire that protrudes out to the positive LED pin (+) found in the center of the three pins at the top on your left.

incrediblehark

spectreman

Quote from: incrediblehark on June 02, 2024, 08:41:01 PMThank you, I'll try that
In case the flat cable you have has no external wire disconnected already prepared for HDD LED:

The 50 PIN side flat cable is divided into two groups of wires, one group of 11 and another of 9, disconnect the innermost wire by starting to count from the outside of the connector towards the center until 9, that wire corresponds to the HDD LED (usually red).
Remove it and extend it with a piece of wire to reach the top center pin on your left, the positive pin is in the center between the three (+) of your BlueSCSI V2.

Guide valid only for OG, ACE, EXPERT models.

spectreman

Quote from: incrediblehark on June 04, 2024, 08:07:00 AMThis is the cable I have:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115869753264
Sorry, I forgot you have a PRO.
In this case the situation changes.

If you want, you can disconnect the HDD's original LED wires, and connect the BlueSCSI V2 wires directly to it, so you can use the original LED, paying attention to the polarity.

I think it's the most practical solution.

kanjiology

Quote from: incrediblehark on June 02, 2024, 09:51:56 AM@kanjiology, did the recent update fix any of your problems?

Also, does anyone know how to get the HDD led to work with X68000 and the BlueSCSI desktop version?
Unfortunately BlueSCSI V2 has a bug right now where it can't be updated via SD card so I'll have to open the entire computer to update it.

Have used the SD Card Formatter.

The ini file looks like this:
[SCSI]
System=X68000
EnableParity=0 ; Off