GALSPanic - New X68000 RAM board

Started by stas2k, September 11, 2020, 05:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoLavos

Quote from: stas2k on March 03, 2022, 10:49:53 PMSorry all, I have been away from the forums for a while. I still have remaining stock and sent out messages to those who wrote to me before.

If you did not hear from me, I am out of boards and will not be producing more. This is due to 3x price jump on the SRAM chip prices.

@PsychoLavos, your BOM is not correct on the SRAM chip area. You have 3.3v modules, and those will not be happy to work on a 5v system that is X68000. Mind you, it might work, but might also damage your precious system due to excessive current draw on bus pins. You will also have to program the GAL chip with JED files I published on github.

I do have around 8 blank PCBs of the v2 version to sell, so feel free to contact me for those.

Since I've already bought everything & I've yet to get the SRAM Chips from AliExpress, could you please link me to where I can get the correct SRAM Chips? As much as I don't want to sink more money than I have to into getting my X68000 up & running, I also don't want to damage it. So I'm considering paying the price on the SRAM Chips.

stas2k

The ones I sold had CY62167G-45ZXI installed from Digikey, and the prices went crazy there.

stas2k

I have found a source for SRAM and will be producing more boards in near future, so stay tuned.

Might have to adjust prices after I source the GALs as well. Seems prices went up for every part under the sun.

PsychoLavos

Quote from: stas2k on March 15, 2022, 07:19:40 AMI have found a source for SRAM and will be producing more boards in near future, so stay tuned.

Might have to adjust prices after I source the GALs as well. Seems prices went up for every part under the sun.

If you are able to get a hold of new SRAM chips, is there anyway I could buy 4 Chips off of you? The Chips from Aliexpress arrived this week at my friend's house & I'm planning on refunding them if I can.

PsychoLavos

Quote from: stas2k on March 03, 2022, 10:49:53 PMSorry all, I have been away from the forums for a while. I still have remaining stock and sent out messages to those who wrote to me before.

If you did not hear from me, I am out of boards and will not be producing more. This is due to 3x price jump on the SRAM chip prices.

@PsychoLavos, your BOM is not correct on the SRAM chip area. You have 3.3v modules, and those will not be happy to work on a 5v system that is X68000. Mind you, it might work, but might also damage your precious system due to excessive current draw on bus pins. You will also have to program the GAL chip with JED files I published on github.

I do have around 8 blank PCBs of the v2 version to sell, so feel free to contact me for those.

I just realized something. Although I might be wrong, It wouldn't hurt to ask. I bought my PCB from eBay. The eBay listing says the board is V1.2. Would those parts work with a V1.2 revision board? I know you said I have the wrong chips, but I would like to make sure before I try & get a refund on those chips.

This is the eBay Listing where I got the PCB from. https://www.ebay.com/itm/234079296599

Necron

Quote from: stas2k on March 15, 2022, 07:19:40 AMI have found a source for SRAM and will be producing more boards in near future, so stay tuned.

Hi stas2k, sent you a PM requesting a GALSPanic card :).

stas2k

Quote from: PsychoLavos on April 07, 2022, 07:16:46 AMWould those parts work with a V1.2 revision board?

All boards use the same SRAM chips. Only difference is in the package of the GALs.

Quote from: PsychoLavos on April 01, 2022, 04:58:26 AMIf you are able to get a hold of new SRAM chips, is there anyway I could buy 4 Chips off of you? The Chips from Aliexpress arrived this week at my friend's house & I'm planning on refunding them if I can.

Nope, I will only sell built and tested boards not to go down support rabbit hole. I recommend googling around and trying to source your own. I do not recommend you try to build your own board unless you have significant experience in soldering small pitch SMD parts.

PsychoLavos

Quote from: stas2k on April 11, 2022, 07:36:00 AM
Quote from: PsychoLavos on April 07, 2022, 07:16:46 AMWould those parts work with a V1.2 revision board?

All boards use the same SRAM chips. Only difference is in the package of the GALs.

Quote from: PsychoLavos on April 01, 2022, 04:58:26 AMIf you are able to get a hold of new SRAM chips, is there anyway I could buy 4 Chips off of you? The Chips from Aliexpress arrived this week at my friend's house & I'm planning on refunding them if I can.

Nope, I will only sell built and tested boards not to go down support rabbit hole. I recommend googling around and trying to source your own. I do not recommend you try to build your own board unless you have significant experience in soldering small pitch SMD parts.

My Friend is building it for me. He has more experience with soldering SMD components than I do. He's confident that he won't mess it up & he if does, he can fix it. My Friend nor I am asking for support if he messes up. I'm just asking if I could get chips from you, or if you could PM me the supplier you've found so I can get the chips on my own.

stas2k

Quote from: PsychoLavos on April 11, 2022, 01:46:58 PMI'm just asking if I could get chips from you, or if you could PM me the supplier you've found

Just search for the chip on aliexpress ot utsource. Me putting the board on MIT license does not imply I will provide support or help people build their own boards. Cannot recommend any suppliers as I still haven't got or tested any chips yet.

stas2k

Hello again! I will have a fresh batch of new boards built up this weekend. Feel free to PM for orders, and sorry about the price increase.

SRAMs became super hard to find, and Mouser jacked up GAL prices as well.

SiQux

Quote from: stas2k on July 27, 2022, 06:29:08 PMHello again! I will have a fresh batch of new boards built up this weekend. Feel free to PM for orders, and sorry about the price increase.

SRAMs became super hard to find, and Mouser jacked up GAL prices as well.

PM sent :)

TechnicalT

Hey stas2k, what are prices like right now and do you still have any left? If I'm not mistaken, the github says the newest versions will work with 1mb stock systems right?