Is anyone in the US able to service X68000 XVI?

Started by DarrylRevok, December 06, 2022, 02:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrylRevok

I've got a few of these machines that I've had for a few years and I haven't been able to find anyone to service them. Everybody says they're not accepting work. Is there anyone out who can reliably repair these machines?

DarrylRevok

Is there really nobody in the entire country who can work on one of these? I've got three of these units that I've been looking for help with since 2019. It's starting to seem like the only option available is to throw them in the trash.

kendrick

Can I ask where in the States you're located? One of the issues with the smaller repair shops is that they're generally prioritizing mobile phone and modern game system repairs since they have easy access to parts and documentation. You might need to contact bigger shops that are naturally located in larger metro areas.

To be clear, I don't have any repair expertise to offer, but I might be able to point you at some candidates further afield if you're willing.

Jehuty

What Service do they need ?
In most cases the PSU is defect. So first try is to change it to a new PSU like an ATX type.
Gto 5 X68000 which will work after that.

But i canĀ“t help while i am in germany.

Cyothevile

Quote from: DarrylRevok on December 06, 2022, 02:56:20 AMI've got a few of these machines that I've had for a few years and I haven't been able to find anyone to service them. Everybody says they're not accepting work. Is there anyone out who can reliably repair these machines?

I can service the XVI. I've overhauled a lot of Japanese computers.

Is there a current problem with it?

Also where in the US are you?